I am new to SLR photography. Need beginers help please.

What program are you using to view the photos?

All the shots from the D70 should have EXIF data attached. It should have a full list of every setting...shutter speed, aperture, ISO...metering mode, flash compensation, time of day....everything.

I am using PS, but I only know how to do the most basic things on it. I bet I could probably find that info though. Thanks Mike I would have never even thought of that.

Hey Harpua, while I can't compete with the great info already provided, I did notice that no one mentioned the handy for newbie learning post that is stickied at the top of this board. It's got lots of very helpful info in it. Welcome to TPF.

Not sure where you live, but in the US ervery major and minor university has Extension or Adult Education classes. I live in LA, and I'm currently taking two evening courses at UCLA, and one weekend class at Samy's, a photo shop. You meet interesting people with the same hobby (and questions!) as you. Best way to learn.

depending on what you are shoting the 2.8 is onley nice, for wat i do it is a msut have
i shoot climbing inside of gyms wich mean lots of dust(chalka ctualy) and bad lighting but i dont own one i am trying to get one though
i would get a 18-200 ed vr i have recomended thsi lense a tot, this is becaus i is a great lense i dont own one but i have used them
like i said a 2.8 is nice bu tnot necesary

the d70 is equiped with library's (dll's) in the firmware. Trust the camera's choice and use the multi-vari programs. After you DL the pics, look at the meta data and see what the camera chose and expound on the selcetions. The Nikon has 1500 different image data to compare to and these are taken from the best in the industry. Learn from the camera and use what you paid for to your advantage.

Iron Flatline I would love to take a class. I am in MA so there are a lot of schools somewhat close that I could attend. I actually did take a night class a while ago, but it was not what it was advertised as. It was a beginner digital photography class, but it was WAY to beginner for me. We spend about half an hour going over how to put the batteries in the camera :confused: We also spent a lot of time going over what to look for when buying a camera (even though we all already owned one). Needless to say I did not go back for the next class (it was just for two nights).

At this time in my life though time is very limited. I have a 1 year old at home and I am also trying to start a business with my brother so I do not have much free time at all and and free time I do have I try to spend with my wife and daughter. If I do find a class that fits into my schedule though then I will absolutely take it. I think that would help me more than anything else.

Most reactions

Back