I am trying to understand landscape photos..so i took a couple

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For your review... walked the woods.. just some tips would be awesome.. thank you
1-birds 056.JPG
1-birds 069-002.JPG

Good start.
I'll generally go wide and deep (small aperture) if not stitching a panorama. It looks like you have a spot on the lens or a sensor booger -- look near top-right.

Good start.
I'll generally go wide and deep (small aperture) if not stitching a panorama. It looks like you have a spot on the lens or a sensor booger -- look near top-right.
thanks ..haha i learned something already.. a sensor booger..lol... i looked at lens it looks fine now so i cannot imagine what it was....

It's probably a dust spot on the sensor. The sensor is pretty easy to clean; there are a few sites with instructions and cleaning kits around the web. I use one by Photographic Solutions. A rocket blaster is also a good thing to have.

NEVER use canned compressed air - it contains moisture and the high pressure can cause damage (knock something loose).

this lens is still under warranty so i decided to send it in to Tamron because sometimes i did not think it was compatible with my Nikon D500.. i just wasn't sure .. so i will send it in and let them go over it.. i am glad you mentioned this..because i needed a push to get it in there.....thanks

The fun part is when you start useing diff. lenses for the same purpose and the DoF adjustments.

Then start adjusting for light characteristics.

The fun part is when you start useing diff. lenses for the same purpose and the DoF adjustments.

Then start adjusting for light characteristics.
your right..

Like most photography it's about composition and light. Mornings and evening obviously give you the best light.

With your composition if you have grand vistas with nothing in the foreground you can probably get away with just setting your focus to infinity.

If you want to put something of interest in the foreground that leads the viewer into the image, you can work out the hyperfocal distance or another option is to focus a third of the way into the image.

Leading lines like fences, roads, rivers etc are also good at drawing the viewer into the image.

Have a look at Vieri and yahgiggle's images, to name a few, to get some idea's.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Like most photography it's about composition and light. Mornings and evening obviously give you the best light.

With your composition if you have grand vistas with nothing in the foreground you can probably get away with just setting your focus to infinity.

If you want to put something of interest in the foreground that leads the viewer into the image, you can work out the hyperfocal distance or another option is to focus a third of the way into the image.

Leading lines like fences, roads, rivers etc are also good at drawing the viewer into the image.

I will take a look.. thanks for the help .. sometimes you just need to be reminded of the simple things that make a photo superior .. and interesting.. thank you

No problem. Also I didnt mention ND, graduated, polarizing filters or focus and exposure stacking/ bracketing lol.

definitely a dust spot on your sensor, i wouldn't worry about dust spots till you start getting lots, you can just edit them out in post till you get your sensor cleaned, for landscapes for me its all about light and the subject, golden or blue hour is best but moon light can be epic too, try and find single subjects or repeated patterns also try and stick to the rule of thirds and you should get some interesting shots.

No problem. Also I didnt mention ND, graduated, polarizing filters or focus and exposure stacking/ bracketing lol.

okay i realize i have alot to learn ........lol...thanks

definitely a dust spot on your sensor, i wouldn't worry about dust spots till you start getting lots, you can just edit them out in post till you get your sensor cleaned, for landscapes for me its all about light and the subject, golden or blue hour is best but moon light can be epic too, try and find single subjects or repeated patterns also try and stick to the rule of thirds and you should get some interesting shots.
thank you..very helpful.. i was just learning the rule of thirds this past month.. so now applying it will be fun... are these helpful tips also applied to water landscape..or is that different in some technical ways...

Most reactions

Back