I can print!

markc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markcarpenter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally! I've been using a bulk feeder and custom inks, but ran into a problem a bit back because I wasn't using the printer as often as I should. I won't go into the messy details, but it was a real pain and with my health issues getting in the way, I haven't been able to put much energy into fixing it. This morning, I decided to try something new, and I finally have it working again! It feels so good to finally be able to make prints for the people I've owed them to. One shoot goes back over two years ago! It's one of the reasons I've found it hard to have much incentive to shoot. I didn't want to owe even more people prints. Man, this feels good.

sweet, glad you got it fixed! i'm wanting a printer, but not needing one yet at this point. I've thought about buying one of the new canon's (thinking about the pixma pro 9500) but like i said, i dont need one. it must be nice though :)

question...couldn't you have just had some photos printed at a lab instead?

thebeginning said:
question...couldn't you have just had some photos printed at a lab instead?
Every step seemed like it was going to be my last step, but then something else went wrong. Why print at a lab when it's just one more simple step? At least I think that's the logic I was using. I had a lot invested in the printer, so I really wanted to get it working. I just couldn't really deal with it and the time got stretched out. I could have gone to a lab, but I've never been satisified with them. I guess now some of them can do decent digital stuff. I was about ready to get a sample kit from Mpix to see what they were like.

markc said:
Hehe. Maybe! It stared acting up about the time we did the first print exchange, so I felt bad about the crappy quality I had to send out for that.
awww....that's long ago, and if it was bad, which I doubt, it's forgiven! :hug::

Thanks Terri. They weren't bad compared to average, but they were compared to what they should have been. Some of the nozzles weren't working, so there were definitely issues.

Most reactions

Back