I can't stop buying while studying

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do it every exam block. Last year during exams I treated myself to an 80-200 f/2.8. This semester it's a Waccom Graphire 3 8x6 tablet.

GRRRRRRR. I'm not going to get any study done when it arrives tomorrow.

How are you still in school and able to afford such expensive things? I don't want to pry, but I'm trying to scrape together about 200 bucks for a camera, and I can't! Then again I only make $7.75 an hour (roughly $8.12 in Aussie land)

How are you still in school and able to afford such expensive things? I don't want to pry, but I'm trying to scrape together about 200 bucks for a camera, and I can't! Then again I only make $7.75 an hour (roughly $8.12 in Aussie land)

I feel ya.

I applied for a loan last week so I could buy a cheeseburger for dinner, and was denied.

They tell me that I might get to eat sometime during my third year in. If I'm lucky.

I feel ya.

I applied for a loan last week so I could buy a cheeseburger for dinner, and was denied.

They tell me that I might get to eat sometime during my third year in. If I'm lucky.

:lol::lol::lol:

Graduate, it gets better.;)

Uni not school. And I tutor 10 hours a week not including marking which pays $32/hour, and I work for a child care company doing tech support.

Oh and the biggest reason I am loaded. I don't have a car. Suckers and your petrol prices. I say bring on the $2/Litre so people start cycling everywhere like me :p

Corry when you apply for a loan make sure you tell them you're only going for the salad bar. They were probably thinking they did you a favour denying you a cheeseburger.

Uni not school. And I tutor 10 hours a week not including marking which pays $32/hour, and I work for a child care company doing tech support.

Oh and the biggest reason I am loaded. I don't have a car. Suckers and your petrol prices. I say bring on the $2/Litre so people start cycling everywhere like me :p

Corry when you apply for a loan make sure you tell them you're only going for the salad bar. They were probably thinking they did you a favour denying you a cheeseburger.

I'm planning on buying a bike to take to work...$50 in gas almost every week really sucks...

Suckers and your petrol prices. I say bring on the $2/Litre so people start cycling everywhere like me :p

I pay way beyond 2$ per litre over here ... and still I drive my car ;)

Have not bought anything photography related for over a year now though. Just realised! Amazing!

$32 an hour!!! Man, I am so jealous. I'll be happier when I graduate with my CCNA (If the cert isn't obsolete by then). Maybe then, I'll make more than $10 an hour (maybe $15... that'd be sweeeeet). It depresses me that I make less than the Australian minimum wage. I hear Adelaide is a beautiful city, I'd move there if I could afford the ticket :)

Biking isn't really an option for me, though, cause it would LITERALLY take 2 hours to get to work and back. But that's what happens when you live 15 miles away from the nearest gas station, supermarket, and 30 miles away from the nearest Wal Mart, movie theater, or McDonalds... Its like being in the Outback for you Australian folk!

$32 an hour!!! Man, I am so jealous. I'll be happier when I graduate with my CCNA (If the cert isn't obsolete by then). Maybe then, I'll make more than $10 an hour (maybe $15... that'd be sweeeeet). It depresses me that I make less than the Australian minimum wage. I hear Adelaide is a beautiful city, I'd move there if I could afford the ticket :)
Yup, $32 would be sweet! After 13 years of working after getting my degree, I'm at $20. Can't go back and start over again at this point as starting salaries around my neck of the woods run about $12 per hour. Unless you have an Engineering degree. That is the only way to make a decent livable wage around me. If you don't have an Engineering degree, you're pretty much screwed.

Biking isn't really an option for me, though, cause it would LITERALLY take 2 hours to get to work and back. But that's what happens when you live 15 miles away from the nearest gas station, supermarket, and 30 miles away from the nearest Wal Mart, movie theater, or McDonalds... Its like being in the Outback for you Australian folk!
I would put money on the fact that you are my neighbor, hehehe. 20 miles exactly to work, all up and down very large hills so even if I could manage to ride a bike that far, the hills would kill me. Though I'd probably be killed by the 70-80 mph traffic in the dark at 4 am before I reached the first hill. I'm smack in the middle of 4 Walmarts, all 30-35 miles away. But I do have a gas station local to me. Too bad it's full serve and a gallon of gas is about $0.20-0.30 more than anywhere else. Thus, I fill up while in town after work.

I don't care if there was a McDonald's right in my back yard, you'd never catch me eating that garbage, hehe :D

Alex of course not. I couldn't buy photography equipment either if I paid $2/L for petrol.

Senor Hound well it's the opposite for me really. I used to work as a refinery engineer. Our local refinery is exactly 10.8km away and it would take my 1 hour to get there by car depending on traffic, and 25 minutes by bicycle regardless of traffic. By bringing the city to a standstill the local council has effectively positioned Brisbane as the most ideal biking city. Pity australians are too fat and lazy to get out and cycle.

Crosby shhhh it's part of my master plan. I'll buy shares in health food stores, then stuff you all with cheeseburgers. In a few years time my shares will go through the roof, or the population of America will drastically reduce due to heart disease.

wow, you pay $6 a gallon!? how do you afford it? Do you drive the autobahn very much?

Right now in the US I pay $4.05 a gallon. Which cost me $52 to fill my tank. I remember like 4 or 5 years ago it only cost me $25 to fill my tank.

wow, you pay $6 a gallon!? how do you afford it? Do you drive 140 mph on the autobahn very much?

Right now in the US I pay $4.05 a gallon. Which cost me $52 to fill my tank. I remember like 4 or 5 years ago it only cost me $25 to fill my tank.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back