I dare someone to explain what's going on in this picture

questionlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this with my camera phone one night, I didn't want any identifying features on line. I am not a paranoid freak, I just wouldn't want the embarassment of someone seeing my naked chest and I did not want anyone seeing this and going "hey is that ___? why was she taking a picture of herself not fully dressed?"

That out of the way, I dare someone to explain why the camera on my phone would take a picture of my arm looking cut off and somewhat bloody. I do not know how to use photoshop and I assure you this is totally real. It's been bothering me for months.

03-06-06_0315test.jpg

Funny shot! What I think is happening, is that your arm is just in a strange angle to the camera. That makes it look really short. (I assume you had your arm hanging from the couch, with the fingers close to the ground?). And because you're camera-phone doesn't have a high resolution, your fingers (because they are so far away) lose their definition.

*edit*... it's not the definiton: you have your fingers 'facing' towards the window right? That little bump then should be your pinky. The amputee-look is created by your knuckles.

I admit, this is just a guess, so I'm curious to see what others come up with.

Btw: why were you talking a picture of yourself not fully dressed...lol

pascal

questionlady;

Nothing unusual at all with the arm. The fingers are hidden behind the heel of the hand.

You can see this for yourself by stretching your left arm outward and then turning your hand so that the fingers are hidden.

Elementary, my dear Watson. Elementary. [puffs on pipe.]

well, it is just a question of perspective as mentioned. there are many strange perspectives of limbs, which then make things look very strange.

Puscas said:
Btw: why were you talking a picture of yourself not fully dressed...lol

:sexywink: :lol:

Torus34 said:
questionlady;

Nothing unusual at all with the arm. The fingers are hidden behind the heel of the hand.

You can see this for yourself by stretching your left arm outward and then turning your hand so that the fingers are hidden.

Elementary, my dear Watson. Elementary. [puffs on pipe.]

no it cuts off right before my elbow that's what so perplexing, my arm was stretched straight out, and you can see carpet where part of my arm should be :confused:

Phone cameras have a setting called "Future View." Most people are uncomfortable knowing what will happen in the future, so they turn that function off. Check in settings.

:hertz:

What you're pointing at isn't actually your elbow. It's your hand. I added a second arrow to show where your elbow really is. You can tell because the arrow is pointing at the crook of your elbow, which is facing the lens. The perspective is odd because the El Cheapo lens in your camera phone has a lot of barrel distortion, making your arm taper quickly, and making it look shorter than it truly is.

03-06-06_0315test.jpg

ah great, others back up my guess...:wink:. As for the bloody look: those are just shadows, but because you have that image of an amputated limb in your head, you see 'bloody'.
and I think Mad_Gnome is spot on with pointing out the elbow.

pascal

no it's not my elbow, if it were my arm would have been 1/2 the normal legnth, the length it actually is, and my arm was totally stretched out, not folded in 1/2

Iron Flatline said:
Phone cameras have a setting called "Future View." Most people are uncomfortable knowing what will happen in the future, so they turn that function off. Check in settings.

:hertz:

that's what I was afraid of :( maybe I should make my wedding dress sleveless just to be on the safe side.

I dont have a question about your arm... My question was more along the lines of why were you taking naked pictures of yourself with your camera phone?

questionlady said:
no it's not my elbow, if it were my arm would have been 1/2 the normal legnth, the length it actually is, and my arm was totally stretched out, not folded in 1/2

but that's what we are trying to tell you: in this image your arm is distorded. It only LOOKS like it's half the length.

pascal

this was a funny post to read i must say.

p.s i love your stump <3:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I can't make a good judgement without seeing the entire composition of the photo.

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back