I don't get it...

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a little Coppermine gallery where visitors can rate my shots. Too much trouble to turn that function off so I just leave it like that...

What I don't get, 4 people rated this one as 5/5... It's not awfull, but certainly not one of my best IMO. I don't get it...

IMG_1169.jpg

Well, it does have really great contrast, an interesting subject, and nice lines. I like it :)

It could be they like the composition. And not necessarially judging every absolute part of the image.

The contrast is basically perfect. Other than that, meh. ;)

jeroen said:
What I don't get, 4 people rated this one as 5/5... It's not awfull, but certainly not one of my best IMO. I don't get it...

Number ratings are one of the most useless ways of describing a photo, or most anything else for that matter.

This photo is a 5.

This book is an 8.

That movie was 6.

My amplifier goes up to 11.

Is there a way to get comments on your photos? When people can actually tell you why they like your photo, then you'll have something you can use.

Are the rest mostly colour? People like B&W photos, the general masses automatically assume that they're good "art"... that's all I can think of.

Rob

@MaxBloom
I agree with you. I just thought I missed something. I apparently didn't...

@ksmattfish
Yep, I don't need that silly system in my gallery. I'll turn it off tonight or tomorrow. And yes, people can comment. Wich I appreciate more myself also.

Most reactions

Back