I don't usually get this lucky...but when i do..... i do...

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the gang was all here this cold morning.. photo heavy
lucky 058-001.JPG
lucky 074-001.JPG
lucky 081.JPG
lucky 090-001.JPG
lucky 097-002.JPG
lucky 113-001.JPG
lucky 121.JPG
lucky 126-001.JPG
lucky 141-001.JPG
lucky 131.JPG

Mr Squirl your branch is ready...

Cute bunch.

Your getting there, much better. Your metadata showed 400mm, Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/350 sec, f/6.3, ISO 800. You might try upping shutter speed some more. At 400mm you're as wide as you can go with aperture so to balance the exposure the ISO will need to go up, but you shouldn't notice much noise difference at ISO 1600.

Wow! I have to say, your skills have most definitely improved and I'm glad for you! Love the set and how you captured them doing the things they do.

Your getting there, much better. Your metadata showed 400mm, Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/350 sec, f/6.3, ISO 800. You might try upping shutter speed some more. At 400mm you're as wide as you can go with aperture so to balance the exposure the ISO will need to go up, but you shouldn't notice much noise difference at ISO 1600.
I will do this for afternoon shoot..thanks

Wow! I have to say, your skills have most definitely improved and I'm glad for you! Love the set and how you captured them doing the things they do.
thanks Kirk

Have you had a chance to observe the red-bellied woodpecker much?

I ask because I find "ours", whom I have named Clucky, to be a lot of fun.
He makes a sound that got him his name and does this funny walk up the tree. He's obviously one of the bigger birds to come around but is no bully and seems OK with sharing. We have both a regular seed bird feeder and a suet basket and Clucky will often fly back and forth between both. All in all he's a favorite visitor.

Very good shooting......
thanks Jeff.

He makes a sound that got him his name and does this funny walk up the tree. He's obviously one of the bigger birds to come around but is no bully and seems OK with sharing. We have both a regular seed bird feeder and a suet basket and Clucky will often fly back and forth between both. All in all he's a favorite visitor.
I have only begun to observe him.. I did not have a suet basket up until last week.. I have domestic birds..parrots and cockatiels and parakeets.. so I feed the wild birds lots of seeds from them...someone on this forum suggested I get the suet.. so now.. wow ..I have lots of visitors I never saw before up close.. love it.. thanks

Very good shooting......
thanks Jeff.

I have only begun to observe him.. I did not have a suet basket up until last week.. I have domestic birds..parrots and cockatiels and parakeets.. so I feed the wild birds lots of seeds from them...someone on this forum suggested I get the suet.. so now.. wow ..I have lots of visitors I never saw before up close.. love it.. thanks

I believe that was me. You're welcome. Have fun!

Very good shooting......
thanks Jeff.

I believe that was me. You're welcome. Have fun!
I believe that was you too... and now I get to thank you.... it makes such a huge difference..

Yes, you did! (get lucky) And are getting good at getting some nice photos, especially that first one. What a bunch of show offs!! lol

I've never done a bird feeder but the birds seem to find plenty around here. I have a lot of cardinals who seem to use the bushes as their condos. As soon as it's getting dark one or two of them start chirping, every evening. Sometimes one is perched on the porch railing but usually I just hear them. I like having them around, seeing that bright red flit across the driveway (to and from the adjoining bird condos in the big bush!).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back