I Dropped My D40...

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...and it survived! Thankfully! I was walking down our gravel driveway and my foot slipped on some loose gravel and down I went, along with my camera around my neck. The D40 slammed off of the gravel with a nice bounce. I was pretty distressed, but it's no worse for the wear. Just got some dust on it. Still works perfectly well, to my GREAT relief. It took me a long time to get the money together for my camera.

Just thought I'd share. Even the entry level cameras can be tough!

...and it survived! Thankfully! I was walking down our gravel driveway and my foot slipped on some loose gravel and down I went, along with my camera around my neck. The D40 slammed off of the gravel with a nice bounce. I was pretty distressed, but it's no worse for the wear. Just got some dust on it. Still works perfectly well, to my GREAT relief. It took me a long time to get the money together for my camera.

Just thought I'd share. Even the entry level cameras can be tough!

lol.... you might want to tell Bifurcator about this.. especially since someone else on the forum just dropped their A350 and it went bye byes....

Nice! This is why I am going to have my stuff insured!! you got lucky..but I might not be as lucky :(..Is your D40 comparable to an XTi as far as the body goes? Just wondering how the body differs compared to mine.

i dont believe you..unless you have a metal body camera, it should be in tiny bits all over the ground :p

Haha, well it happened, and I am very glad that it isn't tiny bits on the ground! I'd be SOL right about now.

Is your D40 comparable to an XTi as far as the body goes? Just wondering how the body differs compared to mine.

To be honest, I am not sure. I have no experience with the XTi. The only Canon body I have messed with was the 40D that my friend owns. Wish I could help more!

OH I would have died! Glad its ok!

im just being sarcastic :p im glad you still have a camera.

Meeeeeee tooooooooo... I got up and dusted it off, turned it on, held my breath and took a shot... and it worked! I almost fainted with relief. I wub my camwa. :lovey:

ya i dunno what id do if that happened. I would probably lose it.

Is your D40 comparable to an XTi as far as the body goes? Just wondering how the body differs compared to mine.

well to be truthful.... 90% of the people on this forum shoot Nikon... the other 14% seem to shoot with Sony... Canon kinda went out with Disco... even more so since they were bought out by Black and Decker....

I dropped my Canon 5D many times and its still working perfect so no worries but i wouldnt keep on doin it :)

well to be truthful.... 90% of the people on this forum shoot Nikon...

I'm sorry! :lol:..still debating whether it's better to be owned by Black and Decker or Mitsubishi. (From what I hear that's who owns Nikon)

I'm sorry! :lol:..still debating whether it's better to be owned by Black and Decker or Mitsubishi. (From what I hear that's who owns Nikon)

don't get me wrong... canon(black and decker) still makes some pretty good medium format point and shoots.... and the 1/60 flash sync speed rocks.... it's just that nobody who is anybody is using their dslr(s) anymore....

Maybe you should invest in this for your camera

Camera Armor

http://store.made-products.com/collections/camera-armor

011108_camera_armor.jpg

Most reactions

Back