I dunno what to put here

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was out on a smoke break, and decided to bring a green gel on my flash with trigger on it for use off hand, since it snowed...I thought I'd make green snow.

Well my green snow didn't come out like I had visioned. Imagine that. So I saw a frozen drop and thought it might look cool.

I forgot a few things, so when I first saw this image I thought I was trippin.

Firstly I didn't know what the hell that wisp was in the background. This was in broad daylight, well...overcast. So use of flash made it "pretend" dark, but that green wisp had me really confused. Yay, I captured a ghost.

Well, no, because I had an urge for a smoke while editing the photo and I realized "you dumbass, you were smoking while taking the picture" so yeah, it's green smoke from my cigarette. Yay me, I fail.

I also noticed that the snow/ice falling was appearing to go up and to the right, not down and to the left. This always confuses me when I use flash and drops of moving water. I recall the explanation of why, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

So yeah, while on break I shot a frozen drop and caught a ghost and snow falling up instead of down.

Thought I'd share.

Oh, and I missed focus on my subject, easy to do with a one handed shot with a 7D and a flash in my left hand and a cig in my mouth. I'm a pro. Yay.

8263437744_2c8153b39b_h.jpg

You, sir, just made my day. I just imagined all of that. I'd like to say I haven't done that myself but I'd be lying. Big slap in the forehead with a wet fish and another bowl later, I'm back on track. It was a good practice shot for you anyways. Keep it up man!

Bandwagon time. I just lost my brother to lung cancer two weeks ago. It is a very unfun way to die. Please quit smoking and if not for yourself, for everyone who has to be around you and taking in the secondhand smoke - like your kids, loved ones, the environment....live Pallycow, live!

Sorry, but I promised my brother I would try to save someone since all my efforts with him went for a box of ashes.

It is an interesting idea you have there with the filter. I have a litany of old color filters I used on my B&W film from yore. I just might have to dig some out and give this a go. Thanks for an interesting shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back