I feel like a wuss..

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.. but I think I got tennis elbow from my d200+grip+70-200 while shooting a 6-8 hr. automotive event. It sucks..

ouch!
well at least your tripod will get some use now ;)

That is a lot of weight, though... I had a D100 with a 80-200 2.8 at a circus once, and after a while even with it sitting in my lap I was like "damn, this thing is kinda heavy!!"

I was wading through the swamp yesterday with my D300 gripped and 300mm f/4 plus TC and could only last about two hours. Couldn't let it hang because it would've been in the drink. Trying to keep a couple a couple grands worth of gear dry while staying upright through unseen stumps, downed trees, sudden holes, etc is quite tiring. I've been searching for a nylon raft to tether behind me for most of the gear on the next venture. No joy yet..... any suggestions on narrowing the search is appreciated.

Trust me. Will not be long before the camera muscles kick in. Heavy lifting is part of the deal. Wait until you are doing nothing but moving lights for 12 hrs.

Life gets better as you get older.

)'(

I was wading through the swamp yesterday with my D300 gripped and 300mm f/4 plus TC and could only last about two hours. Couldn't let it hang because it would've been in the drink. Trying to keep a couple a couple grands worth of gear dry while staying upright through unseen stumps, downed trees, sudden holes, etc is quite tiring. I've been searching for a nylon raft to tether behind me for most of the gear on the next venture. No joy yet..... any suggestions on narrowing the search is appreciated.

What were you hunting?

What were you hunting?
Heron in particular, but the swamp is a waterfowl haven, plus all the other stuff. That's why I fancy a raft to tow the gear so that I can change out lenses.

What were you hunting?
Heron in particular, but the swamp is a waterfowl haven, plus all the other stuff. That's why I fancy a raft to tow the gear so that I can change out lenses.
Is there any way to get an innertube, like the inside of a semi-truck tire (the kind you float down the river on), and rubber cement a bottom onto it? It might be a bit too sketchy to trust, though. But I think if it was done right it COULD be really reliable and safe. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back