I finally got my

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
looks-like-it-was-buried-in-someone's-backyard lens! It's a Petri 50mm f/1.8.

burried.jpg

And a few days ago, my Mamiya/Sekor 55mm f/2 came in!

mamiya.jpg

Plus, while we were out shopping for my sister's wedding, we stopped at a resale shop and I found this Pentax K1000! It's a whole kit; camera, lens, UV filter, bag, Vivitar 2000 flash, not to mention the manual for the camera and the flash. My sister has been looking for a film SLR, so I picked it up for her. Guess how much I paid!!

pentax-kit.jpg

Some crisp pieces of heavy,stiff paper, like business cards or 80 pound paper stock, cut into business card sized rectangles, can help to clean out grit from inside the barrel and housing of the lenses...and to remove gunk and detrius in the cracks...a little alcohol, a rag, and some Q-tips and alcohol,and the gunk on the Petri can be removed in 10 mins.

Hold the lens upside down, insert a business card in between the focusing ring and the inner barrel,and using a corner, "work out" any junk that's collected in there...

Is there a thread where he shows off some of his collection? If you don't have a link, I see if I can find something using the search function.

The way it sounds, that's a possibility. I like taking things that others discount as useless and making them useful.

BTW: She cleans up pretty nice! I hope I get that adapter soon, so I can see how she shoots.

*EDIT* I didn't see your post before I cleaned it, Darrel. Good tips! I used about 10 of my Zeiss lens cloths, lol. They worked pretty well. I had to take the back of the lens off to fix the auto aperture pin (it was bent and stuck in), so I cleaned some of the inside as well. It wasn't too bad on the inside, but the the outside took some work, lol.

cleaned.jpg

Last edited:
Okay not trying to thread hijack but...

My husband brought out a Pentax KM with a 1:1.b/55 lens attached... im not sure what to do with it...lol your picture made me go hey i have that (not the exact one but you get the idea.. ;)

My husband brought out a Pentax KM with a 1:1.b/55 lens attached... im not sure what to do with it...lol your picture made me go hey i have that (not the exact one but you get the idea.. ;)

lol. I'm not sure I understand your question. The first thing that comes to my mind is "take pictures with it". :lol:

Do you mean you want to use his lens on your camera?

lol. I'm not sure I understand your question. The first thing that comes to my mind is "take pictures with it". :lol:

Do you mean you want to use his lens on your camera?

Lol no I just mean that I have no clue how to even work the thing :lol: One of these days when I get the chance I will read up on it and start playing around with it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back