I Finally Made Up My Mind!!

Enem178

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kwaltonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well was in the city today and took a walk over to the local photo shop (B&H). I went in without my mind made up. I knew I liked the d90,40-50d's, and the pentax k20d. I figured I would hold them all, go home and do some more research (much like i've been doing for the last 3-4 mths lol) I really liked the way all of them felt but after it was all said and done... I am officially a Canon 40d shooter now!!! I liked the way the k20d felt the best but from everything i've read, canon & nikon have lens superiority. The nikon was cool too but I like the way the canon's felt in my hand better.

I honestly still am second guessing my decision of buying the 40d over the 50 but 3 photographers in there and the saleman told me that if it were them they would buy the 40d, save up some money and eventually buy some good glass. I dont know how true it is but 2 of them said the 40d actually has better IQ than the 50d in low light but who knows??? I hope I dont regret not getting that great screen on the 50.. I actually got the kit lens (28-135mm) for now and ill continue to save for awhile then upgrade from that glass. One question tho... Ive snapped several shoots just trying to familiarize myself with the camera, but I hope the pictures look better on my pc than they do on that screen?? lol

O, forgot to add that I am currently into street photography and I also like to snap shoots of the city skyline from my building but I hope to make some $$$ down the line and get into shooting weddings, parties, etc... Any lens recommendations are greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Last edited:
Congratulations. Go have fun and be sure to share some of your photos with us :thumbup:

congratulations on your new camera! Shoot a couple thousand photos with your 28-135mm lens to decide what you want to add with your next lens. If you want wider angle, you might consider the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. If you want a wider aperture, you might pick up the $85 "nifty fifty" 50mm f/1.8. If you want a good telephoto zoom, you might need a big pile of money.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back