I finished 2 rolls of film!!!

EllieBlitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Crazy, Ive been taking pictures of all kinds of stuff, I am excited to make a scrapbook or photo album :D!!!!! Aaahhhh I can't wait til these get developed \(^_^)/

I finished 2 rolls of film!!!

Watch out, it gets addictive very quickly! Get scans made and post some of your photos for us to look at.

So, once you figured out how to get that new Minolta loaded, you've already burned through two rolls in one day! Awesome!

^^ What Peter said. :) Your enthusiasm is wonderful! Keep shooting and loving it!

I have to buy my film by the 100 foot roll now i get through that much shot 2 rolls this afternoon, developing your own is more addictive

Very cool..........FILM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail:

I know it does!!!! I am like going crazy with taking pictures, due to my working schedule and everything, I don't take as much but when I can I go crazy ^_^ what I am trying to do now is trying to learn how to take quick shots, I am thinking that with my Minolta I won't be able to do that. But maybe with my digital Canon I would. Btw talking about posting pictures up, I was trying to figure how to do so and I can't seem to see where I can post them up, can I have some help?

So, once you figured out how to get that new Minolta loaded, you've already burned through two rolls in one day! Awesome!

I know right?!?!?!?! Y ea once I figured it out I went super crazy taking pictures of things I always wanted to get a shot of :D Thanks to you showing me a guide of how to put the film now I can do so :D :D

I know it does!!!! I am like going crazy with taking pictures, due to my working schedule and everything, I don't take as much but when I can I go crazy ^_^ what I am trying to do now is trying to learn how to take quick shots, I am thinking that with my Minolta I won't be able to do that. But maybe with my digital Canon I would. Btw talking about posting pictures up, I was trying to figure how to do so and I can't seem to see where I can post them up, can I have some help?

Here you are Ellie, if this is what you were asking about: this thread might help :)

Interesting, because once I started film, it takes me weeks to shoot a roll because I'm so careful about making sure I've got everything perfect before I take the shot.

Interesting, because once I started film, it takes me weeks to shoot a roll because I'm so careful about making sure I've got everything perfect before I take the shot.

But why should it? :) It's just another camera, after all. You know what to do. I say, rip it, bay-bay!!!! Miss Ellie has the right idea.

But why should it? :) It's just another camera, after all. You know what to do. I say, rip it, bay-bay!!!! Miss Ellie has the right idea.
I'm slow with my 35mm camera because it has a broken meter and I have to pull out a stupid external one and transfer everything over. =P

I'm slow with my 35mm camera because it has a broken meter and I have to pull out a stupid external one and transfer everything over. =P

awww....poor little muffin. :violin:

The answer is simple! :D

Attachments

• $image-3535357106.jpg
    $image-3535357106.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 116
If you develop yourself, you can do a roll for something like 10 cents' worth of chemicals. Obviously it requires a bit of investment up front, but not much ($50-100 for some graduated cylinders and funnels and bottles and a tank and blah blah). Once you get good at it you can even do many rolls at once, so it becomes not a big investment of time, either.

Obsidian Aqua -- cheapest developer I know of, about 3 cents a roll
Most stop baths -- about a penny a roll
Cheap fixer re-used as much as possible -- a few cents a roll.
Wetting agent and/or distilled water - negligible, pretty much. Maybe a cent a roll.

The trick is then to not just order prints for all of them, but only the ones that are actually good! Do you order prints for all your digital photos? No. Just like keeping most of those in a folder on your computer and them never seeing the light of day, it's okay to leave most of your negatives in a drawer forever. And it's free.

So then overall, most shots of 35mm are about $4.00 (tri-X, etc.) / 36 = 11 cents for film + maybe 1 cent for developing = 12 cents a shot. Vast majority of cost being the film itself. (full frame digital is around 2 cents a shot if you actually use your camera's full shutter life until it dies. Probably more like 4-5 cents if you buy a new model before halfway through the others' life)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back