I get to go home today

1.gif
Yay-yay-yay for you!
1.gif

Go for it! Some are still sobering up here even without your excuse as a late starter. Have a great Year!

lol, kinda sucks but......now I am into work an hour early tonight :lmao:

I was gonna go out and get some pictures I've been meanin to get but the weather is brutal today, it was about 17 degrees F when I left. I managed to get seven shots in before I was too cold to hold the camera steady.

When I left for work tonight it was 4 degrees F, It is coooldddd.

It was even blistering cold in the deep south today. About a week ago it was around 70 degrees... today the wind chill was in the low 20's and it was whipping too. Actual temp never left the thirties. Now I understand, you probably say to yourself, thats not half as bad as we have most of the winter, but you have to put it in perspective lol. We just arent use to it down here.

You would be surprised, an inch of snow and towns and schools shut down. Big cities (even atlanta) become one large parking lot because of the dumbass drivers who still drive like its August outside and do 90, even though there is ice out there. And road crews are never prepared for even the tiniest of winter storms. Then the power goes out because pine trees that litter this state loose their limbs over power lines because they havent been cut back since the last winter storm 4 years ago. Then you spend the next 3 or 4 days in the cold waiting on GA power to get you back up and running, while meanwhile you are heating up camble's soup on top of the woodburner....

Ooops, sorry to go so OT lol My belligerent point is that we cant handle bad weather :lmao:

It was even blistering cold in the deep south today. About a week ago it was around 70 degrees... today the wind chill was in the low 20's and it was whipping too. Actual temp never left the thirties. Now I understand, you probably say to yourself, thats not half as bad as we have most of the winter, but you have to put it in perspective lol. We just arent use to it down here.

You would be surprised, an inch of snow and towns and schools shut down. Big cities (even atlanta) become one large parking lot because of the dumbass drivers who still drive like its August outside and do 90, even though there is ice out there. And road crews are never prepared for even the tiniest of winter storms. Then the power goes out because pine trees that litter this state loose their limbs over power lines because they havent been cut back since the last winter storm 4 years ago. Then you spend the next 3 or 4 days in the cold waiting on GA power to get you back up and running, while meanwhile you are heating up camble's soup on top of the woodburner....

Ooops, sorry to go so OT lol My belligerent point is that we cant handle bad weather :lmao:

Oh yeah, I do have a very good idea of perspective on that.

I also know well the fact southerners are just not accustomed to the snow. My sister laughs at people for it but last time she was down south she was the only one on the road in an inch of snow, all the other cars where either home or in a ditch. Snow is nasty when you are not used to it.

right. the problem is there are way to many morons down here, and they dont adjust the driving habits to the weather. It doesnt matter if its blinding rain and fog, or snow and ice, your going to have some asshat 2 inches off your rear bumper swerving back and forth and eventually passing you in a curve on a 2 lane road... the people that dont fall in to this category fall in to the other category of drivers we have down here.... drunk and/or high

Most reactions

New Topics

Back