I give up...

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...on doing star trails in NYC. Did some editing to at least show the stars move. Anyone wants to discuss? O and the editing messed up the picture :p
3238076110_22ab976417_o.jpg

Theres too much ambient light from the city. I think Long Island woudl probably be the best bet..

I think he'd have to go out to Suffolk County to get rid of the city lights (plus Nassau County has its share of lights). You could also head up to Putnam County or out west to western or northwestern NJ.

well I live in the northern most part of brooklyn (greenpoint) i'm 17 and don't have a car :p. If I did have a car and too much time on my hands I would be in Suffolk at this very moment :p

I had to do a funeral (part of my job) near Westchester. I think I was in White Plains. Closer to Tuckahoe. I'm sure you could get some shots over there. Or East Meadow. Everytime I'm in East Meadow I don't notice THAT much ambient light from the city..

To East Meadow? LOL I too am carless (for now. NY rules on licenses suck, but i digress). I actually don't know. But I'm sure you could just jump on the LIRR. then again wandering around East Meadow or even hickville at night could be a bit daunting lol

I'd take the LIRR over to some town east of, say, Massapequa (which I think is near the Nassau/Suffolk border). Otherwise, you can take a train into Putnam County or northern Westchester. I'd try to go north of Croton-on-Hudson. The river views are nice up that way too.

Have you ever tried tilting the camera to look straight up? That would probably get rid of all of the ambient light.

I'll see. I'll probably go if I don't go to Poland for the summer. O wait I have a friend in Long Island... I just forgot where she lives :p

Have you ever tried tilting the camera to look straight up? That would probably get rid of all of the ambient light.
And yes I tried and there still is light creeping into the lens. Can't find a really dark spot where I live, and if I do I don't think I would like to stay there long lol

Ha where I stay in Poland you can actually see the milky way. There are so much stars in the sky its not even funny lol.

Ahhh... Polish (sorry) from Greenpoint. I miss brooklyn. Greatest butchers in Greenpoint (and way too many hipsters now).

Take the train 2 hours east to montauk and you can see the milky way. I'll be there surfing when the temp reaches 50.

Sorry... I'm no help.

Last edited:
Ahhh... Pollack from Greenpoint. I miss brooklyn. Greatest butchers in Greenpoint (and way too many hipsters now).

Take the train 2 hours east to montauk and you can see the milky way. I'll be there surfing when the temp reaches 50.

Sorry... I'm no help.
OK don't call me a pollack (it's the same thing if you called a black guy the N word) and we call them yuppies now lol. I hate them. They don't even know how to walk up and down the stairs quietly and wake me up either at night or in the morning. I just want to shoot them (you should see my flickr thing to see i'm capable of that :D)

Most reactions

Back