I give you- My first d7100 action photo!

The D7100 (and other models) offers 3D Focus tracking mode, which can follow a subject that has been selected by YOU, around the frame.A Thousand Words A Picture: Nikon Autofocus Guide: D600, D610, D7100 and D7000 (Phase Detection)

You might want to check the viewfinder's diopter adjustment, to make sure it's 100% perfectly set for YOUR eyesight too.

You might want to set the camera to capture in sRGB mode (just a thought).

There *is* a lot to learn, about the AF options and modes and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The D7100 (and other models) offers 3D Focus tracking mode, which can follow a subject that has been selected by YOU, around the frame.A Thousand Words A Picture: Nikon Autofocus Guide: D600, D610, D7100 and D7000 (Phase Detection) You might want to check the viewfinder's diopter adjustment, to make sure it's 100% perfectly set for YOUR eyesight too. You might want to set the camera to capture in sRGB mode (just a thought). There *is* a lot to learn, about the AF options and modes and so on. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbwvBe3Zxr4

I'll check out that video. I did dial in the diopter to my eyes. I need to finally fill my new glasses prescription, but I can't find any frames that I like, and I can't send these in because I would be blind for 2-3 weeks. Lol

I'll check out that video on the AF system. I definitely need to learn more about it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Derrel! Thanks for those links. I finally got my AF set up correctly and also set up back button AF. Well see what happens with it today!

That last dear shot is spot on! 12 on 10 for that one!
Thanks so much!! I got lucky that my son noticed them crossing the property, and at just the right time. :)

Most reactions

Back