I got an RX1

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I must say this is probably the most amazing camera I have ever used. I can recover blown out highlights you wouldn't believe. The image quality at high ISO is amazing and the shutter is so quit you barely know it's taken a picture. Plus the Carl Zeiss lens is up there with the best I have ever used.

Sony RX1 by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I am perpetually jealous of cosmo! He always has all the cool stuff.

Helen B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice camera. I've been thinking about getting an RX1 for a while. Now I'll wait to hear more about the RX1R, which seems to be the version without the AA filter.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice camera. I've been thinking about getting an RX1 for a while. Now I'll wait to hear more about the RX1R, which seems to be the version without the AA filter.

I think it will be the same debate as the D800/800E. You will most likely need a microscope as the 35mm on my RX1 is probably the best fixed focal length lens I have ever used. I have used Carl Zeiss lenses in the past and don't let anyone kid you this is not a rebranded Sony lens.

DiskoJoe

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I must say this is probably the most amazing camera I have ever used. I can recover blown out highlights you wouldn't believe. The image quality at high ISO is amazing and the shutter is so quit you barely know it's taken a picture. Plus the Carl Zeiss lens is up there with the best I have ever used.

You, my good man, can go to hell!!! j/k, of sourse. Im so jealous!!!!! I would kill for one of those little toys. Is that the optional viewfinder on the top? how do you like that? Im sure its really awesome.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was I an eight week induced coma in 2009 an I assure you I have probably already got an up close view of Hell.lol
I hope somehow you can get one. This is the electronic finder. The optical actually cost more. I guess because of that
little blue emblem on it.

You, my good man, can go to hell!!! j/k, of sourse. Im so jealous!!!!! I would kill for one of those little toys. Is that the optional viewfinder on the top? how do you like that? Im sure its really awesome.

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
I used to drive an RX-7. Fun little car!

DiskoJoe

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was I an eight week induced coma in 2009 an I assure you I have probably already got an up close view of Hell.lol
I hope somehow you can get one. This is the electronic finder. The optical actually cost more. I guess because of that
little blue emblem on it.

LOL, youre a good sport cosmo. So where are some test shots??? Id love to see what this baby can do.

DiskoJoe

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thats nice. There are lots of things I would get before this would be a viable option. But it is awesome to hear you give it such a great endorsement.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thats nice. There are lots of things I would get before this would be a viable option. But it is awesome to hear you give it such a great endorsement.

I know I have a problem when in my mind its ok to own a camera that cost more than my car.

DiskoJoe

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

I know I have a problem when in my mind its ok to own a camera that cost more than my car.

Sounds like a cool problem to have. Im just waiting for the day I can get me some full frame action coupled with some zeiss glass.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics