What's new

I got Explored!

I kid you not, before I opened this thread I thought this was going to be a story about a bad time at the airport.

Congrats on getting explored.
 
So, how did you do it? Were you trying to get that photo in particular explored or just any of your photos?
 
So, how did you do it? Were you trying to get that photo in particular explored or just any of your photos?


I just posted that photo as a revision to the original edit, and when I opened up Flickr today it had a bunch of favorites and people congratulating me on the Explore. It was awesome! I made it a goal a long time ago to make the Explore page, and earlier this year I made it a more specific resolution; I'm feeling accomplished.
 
Is it actually picked by a person? I thought it was selected based off an algorithm.
 
I still don't understand what 'being explored' means, at least as it relates to Flickr...


It is basically a daily Staff Pick that gets added to the "Explore" Page:

www.flickr.com/explore

Is it actually picked by a person? I thought it was selected based off an algorithm.

Yes, it's not a "staff pick". It's pretty random and arbitrary (supposedly). Good keywording tends to help, in the sense that you use a title and keywords that create "interest". Even still, it's always pretty cool to get an image in Explore, so congrats Tevo :thumbsup:. Watching where your image ends up at the end of the day will tell you how popular it was on Explore, as the "better" images (based on views/comments/favorites) will rise in the rankings and the "lesser" will drop to the bottom.

One thing I've noticed; just about every image I've had make Explore was posted within the last hour before end of day GMT (which is the time Flickr uses). Not sure if it means much, just something I noticed.
 
What's the big deal ? Did you get thousands of $ if not it mean **** all
 
What's the big deal ? Did you get thousands of $ if not it mean **** all

The big deal is it makes one feel good his photo was selected out of the millions of others photos that were uploaded. Only 500 out of MILLIONS get picked.

No you don't get money, but its an acknowledgment that you have a good photo (usually).
 
I still don't understand what 'being explored' means, at least as it relates to Flickr...

Do you live under a rock?!! lol

Oh and congrats!!!
 
The big deal is it makes one feel good his photo was selected out of the millions of others photos that were uploaded. Only 500 out of MILLIONS get picked.

No you don't get money, but its an acknowledgment that you have a good photo (usually).

All depends who chooses
 
I still don't understand what 'being explored' means, at least as it relates to Flickr...


It is basically a daily Staff Pick that gets added to the "Explore" Page:

www.flickr.com/explore

Oh.. ok.. gotcha. Well then, congratulations are in order. Strangely enough I checked though, Hallmark does not actually make a card for this. Card for any occasion my aunt fanny!

Lol
 
The big deal is it makes one feel good his photo was selected out of the millions of others photos that were uploaded. Only 500 out of MILLIONS get picked.

No you don't get money, but its an acknowledgment that you have a good photo (usually).

All depends who chooses

Thats why I said (usually) at the end. I see tons of photos that get explored that are terrible in my opinion. But it happens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom