I had very good news!!!

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok back ground first, 3 years ago I met and fell in love with an American, I am English, so after lots of travelling between the US and the UK, he proposed and I said yes :)

Next came all the immigration crap, we hired a lawyer, to ensure things went smooth, and unfortunately they didn't go smooth to start with, there was a slight mess up by the lawyer by her telling us to write our cheques to the immigration department wrong, anyways after that set back today I recieved my EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD, this is one of the steps that is now completed that we started in September 2007, I am still awaiting my interview with immigration, so they can grant my adjustment of status.

The only bad thing about this is My hubby is putting me to work (he hates it that i dont get up til 9 when he gets up at 6) LOL

At least now I am going to be earning my own money Ill soon be able to get my DSLR

I just wanted to share my good news.

Yeah! Great!! Congrats.

Thats great news! Im in a similar situation! I'm married to an american but he still lives in America and I live in England. I'm going back over there in 4 weeks and hopefully when we're not so skint we'll get around to visas and everything. Im dead pleased for you though, i know what its like :)

Did you have any troubles flying over there or back here while going through the application process? I don't like the idea of not being able to travel over there for the year or 15 it takes to wait for immigration...?

Lisa xxx

awww.. i wanna be married to a hot american girl :mrgreen:

Gratz tho, sounds like a fun way to live. ;)

Good news indeed :)

awww.. i wanna be married to a hot american girl :mrgreen:

well, I only care about the hot thing, does not matter if American or British in the end ;)

^^^^^
you two are hilarious

Congrats on the exciting news, that's fabulous!

Thanks!!!

Lisa B
So far no problems the process isnt finished but at least I can work not, We actually applied the wrong way round we were going to do more travelling backwards and forwards after the wedding as hubby was going to be deployed, no point me being in the US while he wasn't, his deployment didn't end up being far away so I ended up staying on the spur of the moment and we ended up applying in the US, when I should have really applied in the UK, my advice is get a lawyer, they are a huge help and check through the tons paperwork that is filled out, the average time it takes to apply in the VA beach area is 9 months.

Every one cross your fingers that my interview process goes smoothly!!! and I get the appointment soon.

Good luck on your visa when you do it, Its always so exciting going to see your hubby again :)

That's wonderful!!! :boogie:

My husband and I have gone through a similar situation and I can only pray that you have better luck than we did!

Thanks!!!

Lisa B
So far no problems the process isnt finished but at least I can work not, We actually applied the wrong way round we were going to do more travelling backwards and forwards after the wedding as hubby was going to be deployed, no point me being in the US while he wasn't, his deployment didn't end up being far away so I ended up staying on the spur of the moment and we ended up applying in the US, when I should have really applied in the UK, my advice is get a lawyer, they are a huge help and check through the tons paperwork that is filled out, the average time it takes to apply in the VA beach area is 9 months.

Every one cross your fingers that my interview process goes smoothly!!! and I get the appointment soon.

Good luck on your visa when you do it, Its always so exciting going to see your hubby again :)

How did you end up applying in the US? I thought i had to be in the UK to apply? Although i read about some clause in the visa waiver that allowed me to apply from america if i could prove i didnt go over there with intentions to stay etc when i entered the country...i tried finding a lawyer but i havent found a decent one yet, the last one seemed to know LESS than i did about immigration....I have a feeling i'd make a great immigrations lawyer by the end of the process!! :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratualtions! I used to be the office manager for an Immigration Law Office in Denver.

These applications seem to drag on forever as they grind through the government offices. When in the grip of bureaucracy they tend to take their sweet time on anything they have to deal with.

Yours should be relatively straight forward so it shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck and welcome to the USA!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back