I hate Long Island

I miss it, but like where I am now better. :D

Is Long Island sucky because of all the people that live near it?

The people are what make it :D
And no one said it sucks, he just said he hates it.

Long Island itself can be beautiful. The problems I have today are the crazy high property taxes, and the inability to go *anywhere* off of the Island without needing to plan "what time woudl be best to beat the traffic... which would be the easiest way to get thru the city, or should I wait and take the ferry...". You can't just GO.

Oh, weel he must hate it because it maybe is old and run down like a lot of the North or pollution or weather.

opps I posted too late, yeah I don't understand it, these Northern states tax the life out of people for what reason I am not sure. Because it sure seems like the taxes are not being put to use and stay run down

I'm from Fla and moved to the New England area a little over two years ago, and I am already ready to leave heh. I just don't see the point of living up here, high price and taxes, run down areas cold weather. Too many people sardine canned in one area. its like ??? there is so many beautiful places in the US , why stay here?

Last edited:
Long Island itself can be beautiful. The problems I have today are the crazy high property taxes, and the inability to go *anywhere* off of the Island without needing to plan "what time woudl be best to beat the traffic... which would be the easiest way to get thru the city, or should I wait and take the ferry...". You can't just GO.

So from what you are saying, it hasn't improved in the past 15 yrs LOL. That's exactly the way I left it. I really do miss it though.

I remember all those run down areas like Lloyd's Neck, Asharoken, Northport, Eaton's Neck, Manhassett, Glenn Cove, Great Neck, Port Washington, Roslyn, etc. They were so dirty and run down I don't know how people could suffer from it all. :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back