I have an assignment I need to do Freedom and Slavery need ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I have an assignment for my photo class. It's two pictures one is to represent freedom and the second is to represent slavery, I have the Freedom one all set I am having trouble trying to come up with and idea for slavery. I have one idea of wrapping hands in chain link and putting a lock on the chain then shooting just a picture of the hands and chain.

Shoot me your ideas let me know!
Thanks in advance!

Take a picture of an American public servant like George Bush or anybody else. At the back is a clock set to 12 midnight perusing government documents and reports until the wee hours of the morning maybe 5 am and entitle it "EXPLOITED PUBLIC SERVANT"..Copyright is all yours, my friend.

Why not get fun with the idea and not the cliche shot.

Random thought: Eggs, action shot of egg rolling away from carton full of eggs 'enslaved'.

Probably a dumb idea, but its the first that popped into my head lol.

Slavery is a system under which people are treated as property and are forced to work.

Think outside the box.......the idea you come up w/ doesn't have to be straight forward.

If I have my facts correct, there are more slaves in the world now than there were at any other time in the past....

Or you can take a picture of a US soldier who died in battle while your part 2 (of exploited public servant) shows a photograph of his wife in a strip club just like Forest Gump or maybe a cop who died in line of duty while his kids and wife become homeless.

All great ideas thanks guys!

When I think of Freedom and Slavery, I think of civil protest and the freedom that we in democratic countries have to do that sort of thing. When I think of slavery, I often think of being tied to the proverbial clock or a habit (OCD) - I don't think of chains and slaves, probably because our history does not have that component to it in any large ways. Slavery could be a guy watching a clock and freedom could be the same guy tossing the clock in the wastebucket or out the window. While it is, as noted, a system of keeping people as property and forcing them to work, there are much wider reaching implications of the words slavery or slave - you can be a slave to things in your own life, time, money, people, the company you work for, etc. Freedom is just the antithesis of slavery - my opinion - freedom from watching the clock, from money worries, from working fo a living - think lottery winner - I could go on, but I would submit that you would get a lot of ideas on your own, using a process like mind mappping - Mind map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - a process I learned many years ago and continue to use even into my retirement.

Cheers, and Think outside the box...

WesternGuy

Addiction comes to mind, alcoholism, drug addiction etc.

LOL, just don't use the american flag and i'm sure you'd be ok...

Outside the box: Ants, bees, working animals, labour machines, traffic jams, money (slave to the dollar, or something(!)).

I was going to say shoot a railroad....

Or do something related to Wall Street and the slavery to making a dollar....that is a good current subject too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back