I have an assignment I need to do Freedom and Slavery need ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take some pictures of kids in school, and then some pictures at the end of the day running out free!!! Not sure your teacher will love the idea of school being compared to prison but everyone else will.

To those who posted ideas thanks they are great! And to those who posted stupid comments I'm not surprised at all!

And to those who posted stupid comments I'm not surprised at all!

You came to an intrawebz forum and asked people to do your homework for you. Pretty sure the point of the assignment was for you to exercise your creativity muscle, not post it up on a forum for others to do it for you........ Just sayin'

Not sure why you would expect any other response.

Honestly, I'm amazed you got any legitimate answers at all.

A slave to technology? someone trapped infront of a computer? Someone bound by a lot of cables/cords?

comes to mind

It seemed more like he wanted to brainstorm...I mean no one is composing the shot for him and generating a correct exposure.

Give him a little slack...I always like bouncing ideas off other people. Generally it results in a more fine tuned sleek final product.

Just my .02 cents.

It seemed more like he wanted to brainstorm...I mean no one is composing the shot for him and generating a correct exposure.

True enough, but if you ask the teacher in this case, I'd bet that composotion and exposure are only half the point of the assignment. The other half would be learning to think and see creatively, which the OP is taking a pretty drastic short cut on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of helping a guy (or gal) out (as much as anyone would want it anyways,) but when you are paying someone to teach you about the creative aspects of photography, you are cheating yourself in allowing others to complete your assignment for you, whenther in part or in full.

To the OP. Good luck on your assignment. I hope, for the sake of your future learning, that you come up with your own idea, and it is satisfactory to you.

You are right in one aspect....

You get out of your education what you put into your education.

Whether or not the OP is cheating himself only he can really answer.

I was going to post a big long rant about this but I'm not even going to waste my time, To the people who gave ideas Thank you.

Freedom of speech is interpreted by the Commies as freedom to slander, malign politicians like George Bush. He is like a mop which anybody can just wipe on the floor. When I come to think of the free slanderous criticisms I heard and read, I feel like "why not try to put yourself in his place?" I am sure you'll go ballistics!! "Can you read my mind?"-GBush Sr. to me!!! (reformed ex political activist). I was dumbfounded because it is true. I cannot read his mind!!

I was going to post a big long rant about this but I'm not even going to waste my time, To the people who gave ideas Thank you.

:roll:

You want to **** yourself out of an education, that's your call. Just don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Have a nice day! :hugs:

Freedom of speech is interpreted by the Commies as freedom to slander, malign politicians like George Bush. He is like a mop which anybody can just wipe on the floor. When I come to think of the free slanderous criticisms I heard and read, I feel like "why not try to put yourself in his place?" I am sure you'll go ballistics!! "Can you read my mind?"-GBush Sr. to me!!! (reformed ex political activist). I was dumbfounded because it is true. I cannot read his mind!!

Wow. Just wow.

Not even sure what this means, but if you are referring to me as a "commie", I assure you you have the wrong guy.

Ironically I had a stoner roomate in College that would talk like this. I could never understand him either.

Last edited by a moderator:

8 you can be as angry as you want at the people that didn't give you ideas......but they are actually the ones that are helping you. You need to figure out how to get your creative juices flowing, not just get ideas from people. Start a new thread asking people how they find inspiration. That information will help you endlessly through your course.

When I have a topic I need to photograph, the first thing I do is get a definition. Even if I already know what the word means. It's a starting point to getting a different vision. The next thing I do is look up synonyms for the topic....again a different way of looking at the same word. If I don't have a finished idea at this point, I move on to things like Google pics or flirkr for ideas.
The hints I gave you right there will help you far more then any idea the rest of the people gave you.

It's funny because I believe the exact opposite, I think what he did was smart and shows initiative. If he handed his camera to someone else and said go shoot it maybe that's a little too far, but he used resources and other people at his disposal to try to come up with the best idea possible. That is usually how a business owner thinks, to think getting help from others is a bad thing is usually a union-manual labor type frame of mind. If it became known that Albert Einstein got all his ideas from guy named Buck he's still be a genius in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back