I have been doing some black & Whites of my dog.. what do you thinK

Very nice in B&W. Maybe try to get him from a side view to show some action. It's the timing and using a fast shutter speed. I've found doing sports and events it can take some waiting and watching to capture just the right moment, and if you miss one good moment there will be another one coming along, just keep watching for one.

That last one is definitely a keeper, makes me want to reach out and pet all that fluff! he looks like he was just brushed.
thank you for all the tips and advice.. i will keep it in my mind.. I brush him easy just about every day so it helps not to have to really work at it..

Hmm, may I suggest backing off the sharpening, I find the first two almost painful to look at the third one is borderline. Try a faster shutter speed and ISO for a fast moving pup so the sharpening in post doesn't have too try and recover missed focus and movement. Great looking dog though.
oh very good advice.. will do..this is really what i wanted to hear.. i am learning to back off on the sharpening.. but i still do have the tendency.. so hearing from you.. that you noticed helps alot to keep this fresh in my mind thanks

I was going to mention the sharpening as well. Which editing software are you using ?

I was going to mention the sharpening as well. Which editing software are you using ?
I am using Picasa.. but it is me.. i will tone it down a bit.. thanks

I think i have it now....
1-DSC_6705-001.JPG

That's better for the sharpening, now just increase the contrast a wee bit, its a bit flat(notice the white hair looks muddy).

I don't know Picasa but either adjust the tone curve or levels which ever is available.

That's better for the sharpening, now just increase the contrast a wee bit, its a bit flat(notice the white hair looks muddy).

I don't know Picasa but either adjust the tone curve or levels which ever is available.
Yes thank you.. will do..thanks for your help.. i am getting it!!!

Most reactions

Back