I have the power

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out to do a bit of a recce and came back with a couple of shots, just wished I'd nabbed the Tilt & Shift lens from work ;)

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

ISO 200
F22
115 seconds

ISO 200
F22
127 seconds

ISO 200
F8
71 seconds

as always brill.

how long does it take you to edit?

are you very fussy?

as always brill.

thank you

how long does it take you to edit?

longest one of these was about 5 minutes, I get bored of editing the same shot for a long period. It would of been shorter but this PC is very slow and only has 512mb

With my wildlife shots I do take a bit longer as I like care more about them, odd thing to say but the way I look at it is if its a landscape shot etc its going to be there tomorrow, baring a disaster, but with wildlife there is no guarantee so I'm happy to play about a bit more

are you very fussy?

:lol: you got to be joking, just look at my site, there is some pretty dodgy shots on there

Hmmm, kinda disconcerting to see nuclear stations spewing stuff into the air. The composition of #2 is my favourite, with the tighter crop and the twinkling lights on the tower (or is it another stack?). And the green colour of the smoke in the 3rd shot is eerie.

umm.. the photos aint showing here!

Hmmm, kinda disconcerting to see nuclear stations spewing stuff into the air. The composition of #2 is my favourite, with the tighter crop and the twinkling lights on the tower (or is it another stack?). And the green colour of the smoke in the 3rd shot is eerie.

well its a coal / gas power station, the stack with the lights is the gas one. If it had been nuclear I wouldn't of been anywhere near it :lol:

umm.. the photos aint showing here!

that would be because the server is being changed, normal service will resume shortly, I hope!

well its a coal / gas power station, the stack with the lights is the gas one. If it had been nuclear I wouldn't of been anywhere near it :lol:
Oh, oops, that's what the cooling towers look like at the closest nuclear station here.
spy.gif

I get some Red X's hmm

Interesting, why did you have such a long expsoure time though? (Kinda new to that concept)

I looked at some of the prints on your page and I must say they are quite good! Have you sold many?

Interesting, why did you have such a long expsoure time though? (Kinda new to that concept)

I looked at some of the prints on your page and I must say they are quite good! Have you sold many?

I used a long exposure on the 1st shot was because wanted the steam to blur to show a bit of movement, the 2nd and 3rd shots used a long shutter speed as it was pitch black and that was the only way to illuminate the towers and again I wanted that blurred effect on the steam.

If you mean the prints on my dA site then none have been sold as I only put the prints up on saturday, but ask me again in a year and the answer will probably still be no :lol:

If you mean the photos on my Fotopic site then yes and no, no because I don't give an option to buy any, I do photography for fun not as a business, but yes because someone has been in touch about one of the shots which will be used next July on something very small but very big! Can't say much more than that about the shot as I have to keep it quiet but keep a look out on here during next July;)

Great idea! Reminds me of Ansel Adam's pictures of geysers.

Ahh! I see what you mean now by the long exposure thing :)

Good luck with the dA prints :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back