What's new

I just bought the Canon 50D 28-135mm kit lens, now what??

henrikjt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Canon 50D with the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-28-135mm-3-5-5-6-Standard-Cameras/dp/B00006I53S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241979785&sr=8-1"]Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens.[/ame] NOW WHAT???

What else is essential for me to have as a beginner?

I obviously need to buy a camera bag that can hold all the gear, i will choose that bag once i find out what else i need to fit in that bag.

Should i get another lens such as the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241979923&sr=8-1"]Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens.[/ame]
or do you recommend another lens that is essential to have to be able to get a good range of different types of shots??

Is there anything else I should invest in?

Thanks everyone

An excited newbie
 
NOW WHAT???

What else is essential for me to have as a beginner?
Shutter time.

You bought a kit, go shoot it. Learn how to use it. Learn what you like to shoot. Then buy accessories to support the type of photography you are interested in.
 
Agreed, take get out there and enjoy your new equipment. As you find things that you aren't able to do with what you have you can get out and get more.
 
Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Canon 50D...

Thanks, you bought my dream camera (that I will be getting soon) Hope you have fun with it. I can't wait til I get my first DSLR! :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom