I just broke my camera

ilovemy50d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's my birthday. My husband got me a vertical grip so I was taking some pictures. I dropped my camera and broke it.:( It busted the LCD screen and a small part of a ring around the lens. I already sent it off to canon. So, I'm very sad. Does anyone have any idea how much this might cost for repair? I know minimum is $180...

Last edited:
Sad. Sorry to hear, hopefully it won't cost you too much. I could be "butterfingers" at times myself so whenever taking pictures hand held, I usually wear the neck strap. Just in case!

What happened? Did the grip fail or you get some butter fingers?

Sux to break something so important to you, hope it all ends well.

I know, I am always so careful. I just added the grip to it, which added a lot of weight and it just slipped. If I would have just put the strap around my neck, it would have never happened.

That really sucks! I am so sorry. I dropped a lens today while changing it but it didn't break. I was so mad at myself so I know how you feel. I also shoot a 50D. Hope it just costs the minimum for yours to get repaired.

I know, I am always so careful. I just added the grip to it, which added a lot of weight and it just slipped. If I would have just put the strap around my neck, it would have never happened.

Wow, yeah, hindsight is always 20/20.

Look at the bright side though, 1) It'll never happen to you again and 2) I'm sure you reinforced the use of the neckstrap for others on this site and probably saved someone else a lot of headache.

Always a silver lining :hugs:

What happened? Did the grip fail or you get some butter fingers?

Sux to break something so important to you, hope it all ends well.

Butterfingers. On a good note though grip is fine and so is my flash.

Wow, yeah, hindsight is always 20/20.

Look at the bright side though, 1) It'll never happen to you again and 2) I'm sure you reinforced the use of the neckstrap for others on this site and probably saved someone else a lot of headache.

Always a silver lining :hugs:

Very true!

Reminds me of the time my F1 decided to go swimming without me...

Incidentally, if anyone is suba diving around Cancun and comes across it, please have the film developed. I think there is an interesting shot of the camera hitting the water.

Oh no! that stinks! Let us know how the repairs go. I know I'm a klutz, so I always wear my neckstrap. I'm sure it'll be good as new, just stinks that you have to be apart from it :(

Reminds me of the time my F1 decided to go swimming without me...

Incidentally, if anyone is suba diving around Cancun and comes across it, please have the film developed. I think there is an interesting shot of the camera hitting the water.

So much win in this post.

+1 Intrawebz to you!

:lmao:

I should be getting an e-mail from Canon by wed. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. The website said it usually takes about 7 days for repair. I just hope it gets back before we go to Vegas in March! At least I still have my Rebel XS.

ahhhh mannnnn you need a hug. :( im sorry to hear that. my camera is my baby. i dont know what i would do without a camera :/

Wow. Sorry for your troubles. Hope it works out for you. I dropped a lens once. Sucker exploded into a thousand pieces. LOL! Good thing it was from my Junk Camera bag.

I have two camera bags. The Business Camera Bag, the one I use when I get paid, contains my DSLR and the good stuff. My Junk Camera Bag, the one I roam the streets with, contains film cameras (yeah, I still shoot film). A truck could run over this bag and I wouldn't care much.

-----------------------
Digital feeds my bank account; film feeds my soul.

Most reactions

Back