http://www.tamrac.com/3380.htm
it's awesome. I can put my laptop and all my camera stuff in it and it still has room for whatever else I might want to take with me. it'll be great for the little trip I'm taking to DC over thanksgiving!
If you like beer and street photography, send me a PM. I'm about an hour and a half commute time from the best little hole in the wall on Earth. The Brickskellar. It's in the Guinness Book for having over 1000 beers on the menu and it's right in the middle of DC, which offers up a ton of night time shooting opportunities.
How is it for grabbing your camera on the fly? It looks like it'd be a pain to open without taking it all the way off.
I'm looking for a bag like a messenger bag that'll hang at my hip. Unfortunately, I'm slightly bigger around than most and those type of bags tend to be armpit bags for me.
Check out crumpler. I'm medium sized at 5'11" and 200 and mine sits right on my hip with room to spare. It's the 7 Million Dollar Home. I could take a picture with the straps all the way down if you're interested in them.
These fascinate me... is that one of the single shoulder strap jobs you can swing around front? I can see one of these in my future once I get the gear to justify it. LOVE the idea of the notebook tucked right in. Awesome.
Nope. Kata makes the 3N1 - XX series that has straps you can comfigure as a back pack, both across the chest, or only one strap and the camer and lenses are accessed via the sides. I have the 3N1 20 and it's held:
5D MKII (I'll have the grip today to see how well that fits)
24-70 f/2.8L (on the MKII)
70-200 f/2.8 IS
15mm f/2.8 Fish Eye
With those there's room for two more smaller lenses about the 15mm size. Something like a 16-35 would fit nicely.
In the top compartment I fit:
580EX II
2x pocket wizard PII's
Sekonic L358
Misc cards, cords, readers, charges, etc...
And to top it off, the bag is slightly wider than the 70-200, so everything fits snugly without much worry of things moving around.