I just joined forum, and wanted to say hello and mention my camera setup.

kendrab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I recently got back into photography with a new D-SLR camera. I live in the Okanagan Valley in BC, and there are lots of great places to take photographs. I am 50 yrs old, and am kind of new to digital cameras, so am sure I will have a few questions.

I am a bit frugal, as I live on a bit of a tight budget, but am trying to build a camera system that is of decent quality. A good friend told me to get a decent camera of 10-12 MP, and concentrate on getting good lenses, so I have done that.

My system is based on the Olympus Four Thirds system. I know it has fallen out of favor of late, but felt buying Olympus gave me more for my dollar. I was able to get a new E-620 camera kit with 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 lens at a great price, and bought a few used Olympus Zuiko lenses locally (they are the ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD and the ED 70-300mm f4.0-5.6).

I am using Adobe Lightroom 4.2 to work with the RAW files from my camera. It seems to work pretty well, now that I got the hang of using it. I will post a photo or two next week.

Bye for now,

Kendra

Hi Kendra, and welcome to TPF! It sounds like you are moving slowly and thinking things through before you make any purchases - good thinking! :) It's easy to get carried away.

When you start posting your images, check out our Gallery section to find the right area. I look forward to seeing your work!

yeah 4/3 is perfectly fine to get yourself started on. I wouldn't invest extremely heavily in it, unless you are certain that you only ever want to shoot 4/3, because the used market for 4/3 gear is basically non-existent compared to the robust market for used dSLR crop frame and full frame gear. Stick with a couple of lenses in 4/3 and then down the line if you stay into the hobby, perhaps look into getting a crop frame or full frame dSLR system.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back