The internet and digital technology makes it easy for one to "appear" to be a "pro" photographer, until they have to create and PP their own shots.
Just go get some cool digital equipment, look like you know what you are doing, and "fake it till you make it" So what if you overcharge and rip off a few customers along the way because you don't really know what the frick you are doing.
Problem is, sometimes, that puts serious photographers in an undeserved bad light... This is EEAASSSYYY, you tell us.
Even learning film photography was never an overnight process, really should be more of a life-long one, we never stop learning, at least I haven't, but I've only been shooting for 40 years. I don't know it all, and I know that I don't know it all. Know that for sure!
There is math, physics, some knowledge of mechanics, and knowledge of computer hardware and software involved in digital photography, as well as adding chemistry to film photography if you do any of your own processing.
In the digital world one can create an acceptable photo, but many of them just look like snapshots or amateurish, but the noobie doesn't know, or want to admit that.
Look how many shots asking for C&C are way too dark, the picturetaker didn't even know enough to use a flash.
A good photographer can create a nice image with a Kodak Brownie Box camera, it isn't just the equipment that makes a good photographer. It is that acquired knowledge that you have to do for yourself.
There is NOTHING AT ALL wrong with someone coming to TPF and seriously wanting to learn and improve, but like mentioned above many just want fast answers, they want the short cuts, and want someone else to google for them. You can usually tell who wants to be spoon fed. Sorry if it irritates some of us, but can't you see why?
Another question that irks me is "Where can I buy (whatever) for cheap?" You get what you pay for, or you pay for what you get. Even though the common answer over and over and over and over again as to where to buy online is Adorama, B&H, or KEH, they ignore and keep asking. They don't read that, they just ask without searching.
So they take a few shots that look good to them, don't ever read the rules, and post 30 slow loading snapshots for C&C. Or they ask for C&C, and get defensive when someone gives it to them.
"I got a photo gig tomorrow, a wedding, so do I need lighting, and what kind? Will my kit lens work?" Someone who has a real passion for photography wouldn't normally take these kinds of short cuts in the film world, but they sure do now...
I have mentioned this before, about actually seeing a guy doing an event for pay, supposedly he was a pro. He had expensive Nikon equipment, two upscale bodies, everything I saw was 2.8 lenses. There was a belt around his waist, with all the lenses held to the belt by those corded lenscap keepers attached to the lens caps, and the other end of the cords to his belt with clips. Lenses were dangling and banging together all around him. I mentioned it, he said it was a fast way for him to do his lens changes.
I asked him how long he had been into photography, he told me two weeks. He had been signed up for a photo class, and when he found out how much was involved in the class, decided that he could teach himself faster.
So, once you get your equipment, go through a learning curve, while upgrading your equipment to pro quality gear...
Then, for whatever percentage of being a pro photographer is time and effort and blood and sweat and tears to learn your craft, there is another huge side - the business part of being a professional photographer and running a successful business.
Happy shooting!