I like it here.

bentcountershaft

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just noticed some minor bitching in another thread (that was doomed from the start) about some people not liking this place. I've tried a few other forums but keep coming back to this one. I lurk occasionally at the Canon digital forum, mainly to check out their lens and body specific section which is really nice, but it's just not very homelike. Kind of an ocean of posters to get lost in. I sometimes check out the Camel too for it's tutorials which are often good, but same thing. Too big and too sectioned off.

This place is like a hodge podge small town and that's what gives it it's charm. We aren't all that organized which can be a bit distracting at times and things get buried in the beginners section but once you get out of the Foundations section things clean up quite a bit.With all it's faults I think it's a nice little community of misfits and I feel quite comfortable being a part of it.

So, thanks to all the mods that do their best to keep up with the spammers and refrain from turning this place into a police state where you're afraid to say or do anything even remotely wrong. Thanks to all the folks that have advised me directly or indirectly since more than half of my knowledge about photography is based on the answers you folks gave to other people asking. Thanks to all the accomplished shooters that post shots that inspire and motivate me. Thanks to all the folks that come in and out of Fight Club where I learned photography by fire. And finally thanks to all the folks I disagree with as even if I'm arguing with you I am still learning from your opposing viewpoint and perhaps seeing another side of things.

I agree. I like it here too. :sillysmi: Although, you have to admit it's been getting a little catty in here lately... but as someone said before, hopefully it's just cabin fever and once it warms up and people get out to shoot more, everyone will cool down. :lol:

Regardless, the mods do a great job... and it's not easy being mod... especially for a forum this large.

Maybe we need the ranting section opened up again to put the catty people into?

(yes Erose we do have a ranting subsection here! hidden currently )

Well there's at least a few of us. Probably more but I did the completely idiot thing and put this in the appropriate forum. :lmao:

It's funny your post about the old nude section. I went to have a look and there were nine other people in there besides me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back