I live in a very visually boring place

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I envy what some people have access to. I live in a very visually boring suburban area. I understand a good photographer can making anything look I interesting. I just sometimes envy the shots of forests, streams, lively city life, wild life etc that people get to shoot on a regular basis. Our beaches are very compositionally boring. Just plain sand and ocean LOL. I live in suburbia South Florida (which is no where near as cool as that sounds) so I don't even have a changing of seasons. Even our ducks are freakin ugly LOL. I see these amazing landscape shots, I so want to try my hand at it as I LOVE landscaped, But at times I feel very limited. And dont get me wrong, I have landscapes photos I am proud of And I'm not saying my photos are lacking or that I am unable to get good photographs,
I just wish there was more variety.

Last edited:
want me to send you a bucket of snow, and some -0 weather?

want me to send you a bucket of snow, and some -0 weather?

YES lol! People from South Florida are rarely born here, most are from other states. The few (like me) that were born and raised here tend to move up north for the snow. Guess it's a grass is greener type of thing.

*people in nebraska shakin heads*

It's not about the boring Sand and Water, it's all about the light, Find the light kid and you'll find IT
Go to that pier,find the light

*people in nebraska shakin heads*

It's not about the boring Sand and Water, it's all about the light, Find the light kid and you'll find IT
Go to that pier,find the light

I know if I work hard enough I can produce nice photos. I know what is or isn't in front of you is an excuse, I would just like the opportunity to capture some of this beautiful scenery which just doesn't exist here. It's not like I have $$$ to travel.

Everything you listed are boring anyways.

Perhaps you need to shift your focus, work with what you have and tell your own story. Photography has more to it than documenting pretty things.

It's not about working hard, it's about being able to ...See

Come to my desert, most boring lot of sand you will ever "Look" at, Till the light hits it and you ...See

haha..and I'm not being an ahole. I am dead serious about this :)

Aww come on Rose.
There's all kinds of places in Florida for wildlife and swamp scenes.
The docks. Fishing boats. Sail boats. You're getting down on yourself.
It will come. I'm telling you. Just keep at it. Plus you have that new camera coming and that's going to make difference.

Hey! Try the local Zoo. I did.
Believe me there's lots of stuff in Florida.

Like that guy up there said.......you'll start to see things.

Perhaps you need to shift your focus, work with what you have and tell your own story. Photography has more to it than documenting pretty things.

I just have a passions for landscape photography, and we really don't have landscapes here...

I live in a an area that with in an hour I can shoot, Oceans, Desert, Mountains, Urban Landscape.May be one of the prettiest spots in the country. yet peolpe still taking boring Photos...so how can that be?

I live in a an area that with in an hour I can shoot, Oceans, Desert, Mountains, Urban Landscape.May be one of the prettiest spots in the country. yet peolpe still taking boring Photos...so how can that be?

True.

Thanks Lightspeed.

It's not about not getting nice photos, I've got some nice landscape photos

IMG_0664.jpg

I just want the experience of photographing these other types of places.

I just have a passions for landscape photography, and we really don't have landscapes here...

Well, wish in one hand....

You dont have the passions yet.

Most reactions

Back