I love this picture, but something isn't sitting right with me about it! I don't know

Here's my edit

DSC_0415_1edit.jpg

well, things naturally have all kinds of funky casts to them even under sunlight, so I'd hesitate to call it unnatural. However, I see what you mean about there being too much teal in the bg.

Don't take it the wrong way :) I wasn't trying to insult you there, if that's how you read it!

I've just done a very quick edit, warming it up a bit by removing some of the midtone blue. I think it's a bit better, though it's all subjective with this sort of stuff.

girls.jpg

This picture is just precious! What a sweet moment! I love the look on the little one's face. I somewhat wish that the feet where in the frame, probably because they are cut off right at the ankle. BTW, I think the bandaid is cute!

Yes, the post processing you did is wayyy too much. The original is not that bad if only a little underexposed on the faces. I think you bumped the contrast up too much in the edit because he highlights are blown out. I would use curves to bump up the midtones instead of the highlights.

Anyway, here's my little edit, just for fun. I left it with a little softer lighting and didn't sharpen it at all (I'm not into the ultra sharp look, especially with children). Meh.

2642804473_13dedf70b9_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back