3)
4489083950_9370b37ac8.jpg

4)
4489084178_993f900e94.jpg

5)
4489084386_70f149792b.jpg

6)
4488436185_7108932f25.jpg

I've just gotten into flash photography so I know I need alot of white balance and flash setting work. Other than the obvious bad choice of backdrop and white towel usage, CC, tips, tricks and/or recommendations are always welcome

Cute kid, im just getting into photography myself. so i cant give much c&c but i like 'em. good job!

Not too bad. The tones are a bit too cool for my tastes, but that's easily adjusted.

Why did you not put your seamless paper up properly? The towel is fine (I think at least), but having the ruffled background really ruins it for me.

RESHOOT!:thumbsup:

Very cute and crisp!

3,4 and 5 are a bit bright. What did you do different with these?

Not too bad. The tones are a bit too cool for my tastes, but that's easily adjusted.

Why did you not put your seamless paper up properly? The towel is fine (I think at least), but having the ruffled background really ruins it for me.

RESHOOT!:thumbsup:

I didn't really have a way of putting it up properly at that moment. It was pretty much a spur of the moment thing and needed to set something up quickly. It's so hard to catch kids when they're in the right mood when you don't have a set up already "set up" lol

Very cute and crisp!

3,4 and 5 are a bit bright. What did you do different with these?

I was adjusting the flash settings as I was shooting because as I said, it was a spur of the moment thing and I didn't have anything set up. I think the first two shots didn't come out as bright as I wanted them, then I made some adjustments and didn't realize it was too bright till I got to PP. I've been into photography for years but it's been mostly landscape or using whatever lighting I had available. This is my first time using a flash and it feels like I've had to learn everything all over again.

Oh and I forgot to mention I have a 1/4 CTO gel on so it may be why they're so warm. I haven't figured out how to adjust the white balance correctly yet. Also the seamless paper wasn't exactly white like I thought it was supposed to be. It was more of a beige.

Most reactions

Back