I need a faster way! PP in photoshop CS5 (Pin up)

This is why post production is so expensive. It's time consuming. What you're doing, with the edges of the hair and outfit are not easy. I agree with tirediron, gels would have made much more sense, you can get many MANY different shades of whatever color you want, and if you want it more pastel, just up the power on them.

Where can I see a photo that has a snoot* that looks pastel?

*EDIT: I mean a gel

Last edited:
That's what I used. I used a white seamless....... I have other colors but I wanted to use a white and add different gradient colors in post.

Yes, but if you wanted green, you could have used a roll of green seamless paper and used a light with a snoot for the separation. Check out how he did it on this video. (Its a PW video, but check out his setup after the explanation)
[video=vimeo;23639980]http://vimeo.com/23639980[/video] He uses a blue background, but uses a speedlight with a snoot for the separation. It's exactly what you are trying to achieve.

I got it! Thanks everyone! :D

2rh4war.jpg

The extract tool was replaced by Refine Edge. No need to buy a plugin. There are several tutorials on youtube.

Do it the same way we do in film, shoot against a bright blue or green back drop. Make sure that the model is not to close to the BG so there is no spill if colour.

Once in PS you can select the background and delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I agree with you all about getting the shot right sooc... but I've seen pictures with gels and its just not the look im going for. The backgrounds look too neon or illuminated. They also cast a slight colorcast back onto the subject too.

Not if you do it right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back