I need advice on the capability of some Photo editing software.

BML

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am Secretary of an Angling Club and I'm revising the drafts of the Club Membership tickets. One page carries a copy of a map of our local rivers which I marked with numerals to fit in with a list of the names of the Club venues. This is now out of date and I would like to rebuild it.
I have changed computers recently during which the person who moved my documents and photographs seems to have deleted my Photo editing software which I had not used for years.
I have found the following software and I am unable to remember which of it I used its so long.

The software is made up as follows.
1/ Two discs marked, "Adobe Photoshop Elements."
2/ Two discs marked, "Serif PhotoPlus 8" and "Seif DrawPlus7"
3/ Two discs in a box. One marked, " Serif AlbumPlus4 the other marked, "PhotoPlus 10"

I have no idea what these discs do and I have little interest in manipulating photographs. All I want to do is to edit the coloured map to which I wish to add a small square within which I can type eight different numbers each with a two word title.

Could anyone give me an idea of what this software is capable of because I would rather not load it before I know what it is.

So, you have the original image? Can you tell from this? What's the file format? JPG?

Do you have Microsoft Word? You could load the image in Word and use the editing functions there.

Outside of that, I've never used any of the software you listed, so can't help there.

You can probably do with the standard Paint programs that come with Windows and Macs if its jpg, gif, etc. I believe the Windows one is just called Paint. But if it is a PDF you will need something else like Adobe Pro but that costs money, you can use Foxit to edit PDF files and its free.

Waday. The original image is a JPG and I have Windows 10. I will try loading the image in Word 10 which is what I have.

BrentC. I do have Paint and I will try opening the JPG with Paint. You suggested Adobe Pro but there seems quite a lot of Adobe. Would you suggest which one is the one I need?

upload_2017-3-24_20-8-0.jpg

upload_2017-3-24_20-8-0.jpg

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-24_20-7-10.png
    upload_2017-3-24_20-7-10.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 203
Waday. The original image is a JPG and I have Windows 10. I will try loading the image in Word 10 which is what I have.

BrentC. I do have Paint and I will try opening the JPG with Paint. You suggested Adobe Pro but there seems quite a lot of Adobe. Would you suggest which one is the one I need?

View attachment 137009

View attachment 137010

Many thanks for your help.

If it is a jpg no need for Adobe, only if it was a PDF file. Word or Paint should work fine.

I tried using "Paint" and it did work and I was able to make the changes that I required so many thanks.

I recomend photoscape x and raw therapee they both work with raw files and they are free. I use photoscape x and it's great, it has all the functions you need

Most reactions

New Topics

Back