I need an inspiration - what do you shoot when you are not in an interesting location

You have the right idea, but the execution needs work. The framing isn't terrible, though one thing to me is that the contrast is kind of flat.

Just out of curiosity, are you shooting in RAW?

I have a hard time photographing without a purpose. I can't just go out and shoot just whatever.

Try to think of some sort of motif or style before you head out. Like, "today I'm going to look for photos that might make good black and white images" or "today I'm going to photograph photos of subjects that have interesting juxtapositions."

I hope this helps.

Hey,

I would like to ask you - what do you shoot if your only possibility is to go for a like 10 min walk but you want to shoot anyway? Did you take some interesting shots this way? How did it go? Today I went for a looong walk, came home, imported all of my pictures and was kind of disgusted - today I realized how bad of a photographer I am. Not that it would discourage me - not at all, I am a DSLR beginner who is trying to learn the hard way - 35mm prime lens + full manual mode. But from the like 150 pictures I imported I deleted exactly 142 - they were either extremely boring or really bad technically - or both. But even those I kept are nothing too much, the best stuff I got from today's photoshoot are pictures like

All sizes | 130725_d7000_prochazka_k_vltave (5 of 8) | Flickr - Photo Sharing! this

or

All sizes | 130725_d7000_prochazka_k_vltave (7 of 8) | Flickr - Photo Sharing! this

As far as I understand I am bad (which is good, because being bad is the first step to being good and realizing it is the second one), I can't really imagine how to take exciting shots from my location. But there are some. So I'd like to know how do you find exciting shots in your "boring" location.

Nat'l Geo photogs take on average 15,000 to 20,000 shots to do a 12 photo spread. Just keep at it. Sometimes I take hundreds and it is all crap.

Most reactions

Back