I need help with film

lola__11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to film photography but here's the problem. Few months ago my camera(praktica plc3) shutter stuck and I wanted to get it fixed but it was too expensive at the time. In the meantime I got a new same camera body, for a cheap price. So, at the time of shutter stucking I had a roll of film in, with only like 2 photos exposed. Now I'm asking : can I take the film out of the broken camera body and use it till the end?? And how do I do that since the shutter is stuck and I can't really do anything to film? Is it even possible to do so?
Thanks in advance!!

I do this all the time. Rewind the film in the broken camera till you hear the film disconnect from the spool, that should leave the film tongue out of the can. Load the roll into the new camera body, leave the lens cap on and advance to two frames passed those shots already taken. You might loose 1 or 2 frames but you can shoot the rest of the roll.

I do this all the time. Rewind the film in the broken camera till you hear the film disconnect from the spool, that should leave the film tongue out of the can. Load the roll into the new camera body, leave the lens cap on and advance to two frames passed those shots already taken. You might loose 1 or 2 frames but you can shoot the rest of the roll.
Hey thanks for advice, I removed it but the tongue isn't out tho. What do I do now that I have an empty undeveloped roll inside the canister

Hey thanks for advice, I removed it but the tongue isn't out tho. What do I do now that I have an empty undeveloped roll inside the canister
Yes, unfortunately, it is not particularly intuitive to listen for the release, and stop rewinding exactly then to leave the leader outside the canister. You simply cranked it too far to effectively save the remaining shots on the roll. So you've lost any chance to use the remainder, which leaves your two choices as:

1.) pay for processing to get those two shots,

or

2.) toss the canister into the trash and don't think about it any more.

You would need a film retriever.....
https://www.amazon.com/Leader-Retriever-PICKER-Cassettes-Extractor/dp/B00DN1080U

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back