I need help with my SIGMA SD1, brand new.. giving blur images, settings, and config is my main issue

I need help with my SIGMA SD1, brand new.. giving blur images, settings, and config is my main issue

• ANY SETTINGS FORMAT WIL HELP !

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • COLORS IS UN SETTLED !

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

STEPTUDIONG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need help with my SIGMA SD1, brand new.. giving blur images, settings, and config is my main issue. Does anyone have experience with this?
IMG_20200525_144602_0.jpg
IMG_20200525_144622_1.jpg
IMG_20200525_144703_8.jpg

cant get speed of 1/250th sec ,but f8 is confirmed and still same bluer images ,thanks i do appreciate ..

Why can't get you to 1/250th? Under what conditions are you shooting? Please post 1-2 images (with full meta data) to help with the trouble-shooting.

should i put A automatic settings replacing M manual ,There is Options C3 C2 C1 AND P
also authomatic ISO , or any figure for indoor ?

Automatic settings should get rid of the blur, but at this point we don't know what's causing it. As Pete indicated, likely a low shutter speed issue, which can be resolved by by increasing the ISO; automatic ISO would help. Your best bet will be to read the manual thoroughly. There's a LOT of information there, and it should tell you what you need to know to get started.

here is pictures
SDIM5529.JPG

Automatic settings should get rid of the blur, but at this point we don't know what's causing it. As Pete indicated, likely a low shutter speed issue, which can be resolved by by increasing the ISO; automatic ISO would help. Your best bet will be to read the manual thoroughly. There's a LOT of information there, and it should tell you what you need to know to get started.

Ok will do that again ,did several times ,thanks for your support and concern ,if you have any more in future will appreciate ,thanks again

Well, looks like some issues there. There's a sensor spot top mid and looks like some colour noise at ISO 400 which isn't great. I think it's overexposed and you've blown the whites slightly. Your focus seems to be reporting 5.5m, your room looks a lot closer than that to me so was this manual focus? You've got that intense bare bulb flash look, on camera and full power. Though it's possible that lens isn't the sharpest and I can't rule out other issues from that shot.

I'd suggest doing some reading about the exposure triangle and learn how to use the internal meter in your camera. Then try and use this to get some shots outdoors in daylight. Here is a good resource for learning that: Determining Exposure - Luminous Landscape

After that have a look here for flash photography: Strobist: Lighting 101: Introduction

ok thanks for your support ,i do appreciate .

OK, you need to understand a lot more about the relationship between depth of field and aperture.

With a short focal length, you will have an overdeep depth of field - Online Depth of Field Calculator
upload_2020-5-25_16-49-59.png

stop using the flash for a while.
learn to expose and balance shutter speed and aperture
learn to control the depth of field

Read the manual

So, apprently, my post saying that Sigma is a garbage brand KNOWN for crappy focus issues is "negative and snarky".
really mods?
"Lets try to avoid being negative/snarky toward newbies and instead focus our energy on helping them."

There is a GREAT chance that OP isn't doing anything wrong.

So, apprently, my post saying that Sigma is a garbage brand KNOWN for crappy focus issues is "negative and snarky".
really mods?
"Lets try to avoid being negative/snarky toward newbies and instead focus our energy on helping them."

There is a GREAT chance that OP isn't doing anything wrong.

I don't think it was negative and snarky, I think it was needlessly negative and vicious, a real attempt to make someone feel bad and stupid with no redeeming portion.

well, you couldn't have been more wrong.

this kind of moderation, really, explains why I haven't been active on this board much even though I registered in 2008.

Most reactions

Back