I need help with submitting photos...

Stepintothedark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well hmm it's hard to explain my question. But I'll use this pic as an example

IMG_7123.jpg

Now it's got All sorts of sponsor logos on it.. but it's got 3-4 Alpine Star logos on it (The A with the star incorporated in it)..

How would I go about contacting that company or any company and seeing if they were interested in purchasing the picture????

Or is that even something that's done...

I'm sorry to ask (maybe) just a stupid question, but I don't do that sort of thing I usually make money simply off people purchasing prints, I've never submitted any to a company.

Thanks
Rhino

Photoshop out the logos you don't want. And yes, contact the companies to see if they want the picture. Be careful about selling the same picture to several companies, they could become very upset.

Have Fun,
Jeff

I would contact ALL the companies. The first one that bites on it, get's it.

There are general "rules" on how to get companies and magazines to look at/hopefully buy your stuff:

Put the images on disc. Label the disc with a description, and your company name.
MAKE A PROOF SHEET to enclose with the photos. This way, they can see what's on the disc, so it doesn't end up in a drawer somewhere. If they like the proof, they will look at the disc. The proofsheet should have the same description/company name on it as the disc in case they get separated.
Also enclose a letter, addressed to the person, or department that would most likely review such things. Be sure to include all your contact information.
Don't use proofmarks on your photo. Your metadata should be embedded, and hopefully you have copyrighted the image before you posted/or sent it.
Hope that helps!
Good Luck!!! Let us know how it goes. :)

Also, before submitting it, I would remove the "myspace" info from the photo and your correspondence. Unfortunately, there is a stigma attached to myspace as a place for juveniles, not professionals. Have you thought about getting your own domain name?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back