What's new

I need help!

ProImagePhotos

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Leesburg, VA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am 17 years old and brand new to photography. Everything I know about photography is self-taught through trial and error. I used a Nikon D5100 with a 18-55mm and 55-300mm lens. Let me know what you think, I have some photos attached. I would love comments!

$il_570xN.359781084_6q9s.webp $il_570xN.359855188_j2yl.webp

Leesburg, VA


Like Us!
Pro Image Photos | Facebook

Buy Stuff! etsy.com/shop/proimagephotos

My website: ProImagePhotos.com


 
Heya "ProImage", welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I moved your first post from the Professional Gallery into the General Gallery, as your intro "I am 17 years old and brand new to photography" don't seem to indicate utter professionalism, no matter how you're calling yourself on your website.
The two that we get to see are quite nice, though, even though they are mainly dominated by the watermark...
 
Everything I know about photography is self-taught through trial and error. I have some photos attached. I would love comments!

Trial and error is the laborious and time-wasting way to learn and there is an enormous amount to learn about the skill of photography.
Read and follow the manuals to learn the camera.
Find a book or website about exposure and composition.
Then take lots of pictures.

These pictures are OK, but the camera did most of that.
They aren't original ideas or views and are fairly typical of someone who is just learning.
 
Hi, there....
Good start here.... Please show more..you will get good guidance from learned people here... i could correct myself very many times once i joined TPF; more to correct though ;)

All the Best :D
 
Hi, there....
Good start here.... Please show more..you will get good guidance from learned people here... i could correct myself very many times once i joined TPF; more to correct though ;)

All the Best :D

Thanks for not critizing me like the people above -_- I appreciate it. I have a whole bunch of my photos on my website, but those are unedited. All of my edited ones are on my Facebook page and more on my Etsy store. Here are the links: Pro Image Photos Photography by ProImagePhotos on Etsy Pro Image Photos | Facebook

Thanks again man!
 
Last edited:
Well, age 17 is great age to start really learning and absorbing photo knowledge like the proverbial sponge soaks up water. Dude--you're still free of ingrained habits and silly biases...now is the time to learn,learn,learn. I second The_Traveler's post above: Get some books and read them and learn, and study the field of photography from capable,competent,established masters. Reading just ONE decent photography instructional BOOK, cover to cover, will stand you in good stead among beginners and novices. Reading just ONE good solid photo book per month will,in two years, make you a very capable technician. The artistry will come with time, and study, as well.

The web is a good resource, but it is all too often dumbed down and over-simplified, and the information found on many web sites has not been vetted. Good luck! Enjoy!
 
Well, age 17 is great age to start really learning and absorbing photo knowledge like the proverbial sponge soaks up water. Dude--you're still free of ingrained habits and silly biases...now is the time to learn,learn,learn. I second The_Traveler's post above: Get some books and read them and learn, and study the field of photography from capable,competent,established masters. Reading just ONE decent photography instructional BOOK, cover to cover, will stand you in good stead among beginners and novices. Reading just ONE good solid photo book per month will,in two years, make you a very capable technician. The artistry will come with time, and study, as well.

The web is a good resource, but it is all too often dumbed down and over-simplified, and the information found on many web sites has not been vetted. Good luck! Enjoy!

KmH, sorry I am new to posting on forums, so nothing was intended.

Derrel, thanks for your advice. I will get some books!
 
It's just the name of my company.

Not meant to offend... But no, it's not just the name of your "company," it's your current state of mind. If you think your images are good enough as a beginner to call then "Pro image photos" you're being kind of underhanded with your self promotion IMO.

Your images are a good start for a photographer of your age, but at this point I wouldn't keep paying to list items on Etsy. Save the money, and get some books, or gear.
 
#1 - Images of planes in profile or approaching the viewer are more pleasing to me. Similarly, I don't want to see the backside of a bird in flight either. The shutter speed is too fast and has left the propeller in a static position, voiding any sense of motion.

#2 - Oversaturated colors, lack of detail in the shadows. The greying of clouds on the right edge of the frame and on top are distracting.
 
Read Lew's first comments (post #4) again. Rinse and repeat.
 
Well, to get good comments, it helps to explain what your vision was, how you went about realizing that vision, and what aspects you think you need help with. If your goal was to get accolades, or at least a reaction, then you succeeded in getting a reaction. Accolades are given on this forum, but usually for a reason. If you are really good, you may get nominated for the Picture of the Month. But if you stick around this site and look at the comments people leave, you'll find out fairly quickly which comments (either positive or negative) you really SHOULD pay attention to, and which are basically uninformed fluff. Remember, good medicine doesn't always taste like a sugar pill.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom