What's new

I need help!

ProImagephotos, there is something I just am not understanding here. Your opening remark is that you are 17 years old and are brand new to photography; yet you refer to your company as PrioImagephotos and you offer a bunch of pictures for sale on your etsy store. I don't want to be insulting and I will be as delicate as possible here to spare your feelings: your photos are nice pictures that virtually anyone could have taken with a decent camera. They fall well short of professional caliber and to believe otherwise is just fooling yourself. At 17 you have years and years to develop the eye and the skills of a pro.

Your two examples are of an airplane and a sunset. It's hard to take a bad picture of a beautiful sunset; and the plane picture just makes me wonder why you took it to begin with. These are not challenging subjects. Please don't think I am being overly critical. You asked for comments. You need to get a realistic idea of what a pro is before you call yourself one. Yet I have no doubt that you can develop the skills and experience necessary to be quite good; even professional caliber if you practice and learn the craft; and listen to those who have more experience. I look forward to seeing more of your work and watching you grow as a photographer.
 
Reading literature is very essential to widen your vista.... right now i am reading Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposures".... once i complete that i have my next book ready, "Creative Lighting" by Harold Davis.... You should not take any of the comments here in a wrong way, may be they are strict in some way because discipline has always some strictness associated with it... and discipline is the first and foremost condition in any learning.... So cheer up and proceed :D
 
Remember it is not the camera, it is the person behind the camera, that what makes you a good photographer! Practice and take as many pictures as you can and show them to the professional, they will always give you feedback and suggestions better. Most importantly are 3 things you remember in taking a photo, 1: What is the subject or the theme of the photograph you want it to be? 2: How can I focus attention on my subject and draw the audience's eye? 3: Did you simplify or eliminate to make the picture better? Finally, focus on your ISO settings, shutter speed, composition, depth of field, shallow depth of field, aperture, optics, light. most importantly before you go posting images and call them pro, you need to have them looked at, edit through Adobe photoshop and then upload them for selling. Photography is not a simple job, it requires a lot of skills and patience, read read read, look, listen and learn!
 
Hi, there....
Good start here.... Please show more..you will get good guidance from learned people here... i could correct myself very many times once i joined TPF; more to correct though ;)

All the Best :D

Thanks for not critizing me like the people above -_- I appreciate it. I have a whole bunch of my photos on my website, but those are unedited. All of my edited ones are on my Facebook page and more on my Etsy store. Here are the links: Pro Image Photos Photography by ProImagePhotos on Etsy Pro Image Photos | Facebook

Thanks again man!

Have you made any money from etsy?
 
Cool photos but nothing special, and I mean nothing. If you are serious about photography, think outside of the box and be original. I also viewed your photos on etsy and they're identical to the two you posted. Try to master depth of field, and try getting creamy bokeh on some of your shots. Also, post processing is just as important as the original image, so watch some videos on YouTube and try messing around with it. You'll be surprised how much better your overall product will turn out. And lastly, get rid of that horrible watermark haha, the chances of someone stealing your photos are null.

Cheers,
 
Here's an example... There's literally nothing special about this photo, but the depth of field just makes it that much more interesting.

6474432277_91e2de44b0_z.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom