i need some opinions

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
directly comparing a nikon d5000 to a canon 30d. what would be the better choice. im trying to sell my 30d and i have a friend that wants a d5000 ..... i would think that my 30d would be the clear choice, what do you guys think? he is trying to argue the megapixel aspect (8 to 12) ....

Well, I sure wouldn't try to sell a friend a camera is not hot for. If his photos don't come out quite the way they should, guess what he'll blame it on.

Just put your 30D on ebay or craigslist and let him get whatever he wants.

Well, if he wants video capture capability,Live View, an articulated rear LCD screen, the excellent Nikon TTL flash system, 12 MP capture size, and in-camera expanded dynamic range with Active D-Lighting, the D5000 is the vastly superior choice. The D5000 would be a new camera with a warranty, while your 30D would be an 8MP camera without video, without an articulated LCD screen,without Live View,and without a warranty.

If your friend wants the new-generation features, he'll have to go with a newer camera design than the 30D.

i would think that my 30d would be the clear choice,

But of course, because you want him to get it off your hands.

I don't have the facts because I'm not intimately familliar with either camera, but it's not a very friend-like thing to pawn off something to someone if they're cosidering something better.

Well, if he wants video capture capability,Live View, an articulated rear LCD screen, the excellent Nikon TTL flash system, 12 MP capture size, and in-camera expanded dynamic range with Active D-Lighting, the D5000 is the vastly superior choice. The D5000 would be a new camera with a warranty, while your 30D would be an 8MP camera without video, without an articulated LCD screen,without Live View,and without a warranty.

If your friend wants the new-generation features, he'll have to go with a newer camera design than the 30D.

yea the d5000 has an excellent no autofocus/low resolution/crappy video camera with all the bells and whistles the canon t1i could chuckle about. in my perspective a canon 30d which still has canons warranty because it is less than 6 months old with 5 xtra batteries, guide book, case all for 600 with a sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 ..... for someone not lookin to spend a lot of money could invest in more glass like a 50mm 1.8 that he will be able to autofocus with unlike the nikon . i could go on. everyone has there preferances.

i would think that my 30d would be the clear choice,

But of course, because you want him to get it off your hands.

I don't have the facts because I'm not intimately familliar with either camera, but it's not a very friend-like thing to pawn off something to someone if they're cosidering something better.

actually its being put on ebay and i will get what i want for it. figured i would be doin a favor. i asked so i could get input, not ignorant comments. no matter what tho, they always come!

i asked so i could get input, not ignorant comments. no matter what tho, they always come!

especially when your trying to scam a friend!!!

all jokes aside.. when it comes to things like cameras, I would never sell them to a friend.. simply because, they see my photos, and assume that "if i have that camera, I can take pics just like it" and when theirs turn out ****ty, just as c.cloudwalker said.. the friend is coming after you!

i asked so i could get input, not ignorant comments. no matter what tho, they always come!

especially when your trying to scam a friend!!!

all jokes aside.. when it comes to things like cameras, I would never sell them to a friend.. simply because, they see my photos, and assume that "if i have that camera, I can take pics just like it" and when theirs turn out ****ty, just as c.cloudwalker said.. the friend is coming after you!

its not a direct friend. someone who knows someone who is someones neighbor lol i understand, its a good point

yea the d5000 has an excellent no autofocus/low resolution/crappy video camera with all the bells and whistles the canon t1i could chuckle about. in my perspective a canon 30d which still has canons warranty because it is less than 6 months old with 5 xtra batteries, guide book, case all for 600 with a sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 ..... for someone not lookin to spend a lot of money could invest in more glass like a 50mm 1.8 that he will be able to autofocus with unlike the nikon . i could go on. everyone has there preferances.

Why did you even come on here? It seems as though you've already made your decision.

Agreed. His mind was made up, he was just lookin for validation.

Then when he doesn't get the forum to agree with him, he gets upset. Sigh.

i made this post to show a friend what others would say. that is why.

Dontfeedthetroll.jpg
:lmao:

dam u kmh! lol ..... im a troll? :/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back