I NEEEEED HELP! ADAPTERs?

ganafbbyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon Rebel T3. And i purchased a FL CANON 50mm 1.8 lens!
As you may know; it doesnt fit my camera body!
What kind of Adapter should i buy. I keep seeing on Ebay "fd" adapters. Is fd and fl the same adapter that would work?
Please let me know ASAP!
Thank you.

:). Give details if can!

If you want to be able to focus to Infinity with an FD lens on a new EOS body, you will NEED an adapter that uses a GLASS element in it. e-Bay has lots of adapters. FotoDiox here in the USA sells many adapters. Canon FD lenses have a flange-to-film distance that REQUIRES a lens element in the adapter, to achieve infinity focus, and that can cost some quality.

FD and FL are minor mount variations; adapters for FD lenses will work with FL lenses.

here is an example of what you need: Amazon.com: Pro Optic Canon FD Lens to EOS Body Adapter with Correction Glass - Focuses to Infinity: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok, noob question, but how can I tell the difference between the fittings? I know some have it stamped on the lens, but other than that, I'm lost.I'm also interested in using an adapter, because my dad has 3 zoom and like 6 macro lenses for his old Canon AE-1 that he's willing to just give me if I have a means to use them.

Thanks
Nick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back