I picked these up at an estate auction, I am super happy.

On the zoom lens you press in that small silver button at therear of the lens and turn that whole collar, to either M or A. There is not actually a switch for automatic or manual focus but rather it is that concentrically located ring.

I use the 60 micro a lot for eBay photos. Great lens.

I have owned each of those models of lenses, Except for the Tamron 17 mm lens, which appears to be in their Adaptall-2 mount. The Nikon lenses are all pretty good. In terms of absolute quality, the 60 mm micro NIkkor it's quite a good lens, with high sharpness, but as you can see the focusing is hair trigger from infinity to Close range. It is a very difficult lens to focus by hand at distances more than 7 feet or so. In the close-up range it focuses by hand and eye fairly easily but at distances like 15' 20' 30 feet 40 feet 100 feet, etc. it is difficult to focus reliably time after time by hand, due to the extreme little range of motion required to make a significant distance change at longer ranges.

I have heard that about macro lenses, but I have never used them myself. I will defiantly keep that in mind. Thanks!

I have owned each of those models of lenses,

Holy smokes, dude!! Is there anything you haven't owned and/or used? You are a bottomless pit of info and experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back