I pissed off an Osprey - 7 photos of varying goodness.

I'll go for #1, love the details and look of that shot, great in flight wing spread and wonderful against the blue sky. Top shot !!

All the best and nicely taken.

Danny.

Nice about Osprey,they don't scare easily and they will check you out and keep a watchful eye.Excellent series. Yea 6 is my fav to, I love the wing positioning. Ospery has been in the hands of humans at one point,ID Bands on the legs.

Yeah I noticed that. I was wondering if I could look up the numbers online and see I could learn anything.

Yes, anytime you see a banded bird, you can report it, and it helps their research tremendously.

THIS looks like it might well be the organization that banded your Osprey: [CT Birds] Report Banded Osprey Sightings

Nice photos. Just a little FYI....

DISTURBANCE, INCLUDING VIEWING DISTANCES
Ospreys can typically handle a moderate level of disturbance during the nesting season in New Jersey. They often nest in precarious locations that are close to people, on channel markers, utility poles, house chimneys or roofs, on boat lifts or docks, and on nesting platforms. Ospreys are also fascinating and very popular to watch and photograph along the shore. There are certain guidelines to follow to be sure you’re not causing any kind of disturbance to the nesting pair which might jeopardize the survival of their young and potentially violate any state and federal laws. Disturbance increases as boats stop nearby and people focus on the birds at close range. A safe distance from which to observe ospreys will vary depending on the area, but observers must stay beyond the distance at which the adults react. Their reaction must be judged as they give their attention to the observer, not simply when they lift off the nest in defense. Please use caution.

Nice photos. Just a little FYI....

DISTURBANCE, INCLUDING VIEWING DISTANCES
Ospreys can typically handle a moderate level of disturbance during the nesting season in New Jersey. They often nest in precarious locations that are close to people, on channel markers, utility poles, house chimneys or roofs, on boat lifts or docks, and on nesting platforms. Ospreys are also fascinating and very popular to watch and photograph along the shore. There are certain guidelines to follow to be sure you’re not causing any kind of disturbance to the nesting pair which might jeopardize the survival of their young and potentially violate any state and federal laws. Disturbance increases as boats stop nearby and people focus on the birds at close range. A safe distance from which to observe ospreys will vary depending on the area, but observers must stay beyond the distance at which the adults react. Their reaction must be judged as they give their attention to the observer, not simply when they lift off the nest in defense. Please use caution.

I left pretty quick and wasn't there more than a couple minutes. This particular nest was super low maybe 10 feet off the water on the edge of a beach which see moderate traffic.

Very nice set. Glad there were no runnahers hurt in the taking of these of these shots...hehe

Nice set, that bird would want to ease up on the language though

Most reactions

Back