What's new

I played with my friends grapes...do you think it's alright.

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
1,937
Location
State of Confusion
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off, get yer freakin' mind out of the gutter.

Okay, a friend of mine sent my this picture of a grapevine in his back yard. He just purchased a Sony Alpha a100. and asked if about post processing. I have made every attempt here and elsewhere that my PS skills are second grade at best. Before I send it back, can I get an opinion if my effort is an improvement?

Here's the original.....
DSC00024.jpg


Here's my edit.
DSC00024_edited-1.jpg


Basically, all I did was to crop a bit, adjust levels, contrast, satauration as usual. I went a step further by blurring some of the background and isolated the post and made similar adjustments on it's own. What could/would have been better?

Thanks for looking and commenting.
 
Well your edit is definitely an improvement, although you already knew that.

I like how you didn't over- do the saturation and the slight conrtast you added helped. It might just me by eyes but it looks like something funky is goin on on the bottom right of the picture near the leaves, like a weird dividing line or something. (I think that's caused by your blur).

I really like your idea on that blur, however. For a second I was thinking you cloned it a new background or something. But the blur you added definitely made the shot less chaotic, and now there's a simpler subject.

If I could change something in this shot I would probably darken the sun-brightened grapes a tiny bit, they seem a little overpowering. (it doesn't bother me so much anyways.. this is just if I HAD to choose something to slightly alter.) Another change that could be made is to darken the background on the left of the grapes and the wooden pole, I think that would work out nicely.

Overall nice editing, good job.
 
The edit is awesome. Very good composition IMO. I really like the colorfulness of this shot.

And you are hilarious! LOL. What you wont do to lure viewers into looking at your thread. :mrgreen:
 
The edit is awesome. Very good composition IMO. I really like the colorfulness of this shot.

And you are hilarious! LOL. What you wont do to lure viewers into looking at your thread. :mrgreen:

NJ, I don't make any excuses, call me a slut. As I have found out,until I get to that level of achiement, it's the hook. I would much rather not use the hook, but few people know who I am, thus the use of the hook. What's a Po'Boy to do?

BTW, thanks so much for your kind words. (I think I was ramblimg before).
 
I can see where the line is where you blurred the leaf and stuff. The only thing I can think to suggest is a less hardened brush.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom