I probably shouldn't post this - HDR of Holly the swimsuit model

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was tinkering with Photomatix... I know, I hate the software at this point but this shoot had possibilities as an HDR... or so I *thought*.

This is the best I could do. Thoughts? At first glance I think "wow, that's cool" then it quickly fades to "ick".

596027788_NCxS5-XL.jpg

Why do you think I had her stand like that? :p

Didnt turn out too bad at all! One of the better HDRs of anything. The colours are different, but not outta belief. i.e. you didnt go crazy tweaking the shot. The lighting of the background and foreground really worked well. However, half her right foot is chopped off-sorry i had to point that out. I liked it! well done with the HDR

it looks good i think. i love the background...the bathing suit throws it off. maybe if she had the suit from the other shots u posted id like it a little more but great shots none the less

If I shot 1/3rd of the things you did. My Wife would shoot me!!! :greenpbl:

The problem with this tone map is that you have made it look like a Cartoon
if you messed around with the tone mapping to make it look more realistic it could work!4
The Sky and the beach is fine, it is mainly just the model that looks like a cartoon

maybe I am crazy but it looks like she was photoshopped in and not really there in the first place?
She's really there. :) It's just the HDR effect that makes it look like that.

The problem with this tone map is that you have made it look like a Cartoon
if you messed around with the tone mapping to make it look more realistic it could work!4
The Sky and the beach is fine, it is mainly just the model that looks like a cartoon
Yeah, I kind of went for that over the top look... the surreal look. I didn't try for the "natural" HDR effect. I might tinker with it and try a more subtle edit to see if it looks any better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back