What's new

I probably shouldn't post this - HDR of Holly the swimsuit model

Great Picture! I just love the whole composition; Tip; Next Time, Thong!!! lol
 
I was tinkering with Photomatix... I know, I hate the software at this point but this shoot had possibilities as an HDR... or so I *thought*.



Judging by the retrospective phrasing I have to assume this is actually an EDR...but anywho....


This is the best I could do. Thoughts? At first glance I think "wow, that's cool" then it quickly fades to "ick".

Well, I must say I know the feeling, At first glance I saw nothing wrong with the processing, but uppon second glance I can see considerable haloing around the top half of the model, Once I got past looking at the processing I see you snipped her foot a touch, the horizon is tilted and I think I personally would have composed it in a manor where the diagonal of the wet wave beaten sand would have started directly on the lower right corner (that in itself would have brought that horizon much closer to level.

Additionally....I don't like the yellow top/purple bottom combo....but that's just me and there is really nothing I can say about it technically. My Fiancée ever wore something like that my eyes would be wandering away from her too much (not that she would, she actually dispises both of those colors), Anywho that's just because I'm a one color guy, I don't care what color it is as long as both peices actually look like they go together.
 
The horizon is off on purpose.
 
Well, I must say I know the feeling, At first glance I saw nothing wrong with the processing, but uppon second glance I can see considerable haloing around the top half of the model, Once I got past looking at the processing I see you snipped her foot a touch, the horizon is tilted and I think I personally would have composed it in a manor where the diagonal of the wet wave beaten sand would have started directly on the lower right corner (that in itself would have brought that horizon much closer to level.

Additionally....I don't like the yellow top/purple bottom combo....but that's just me and there is really nothing I can say about it technically. My Fiancée ever wore something like that my eyes would be wandering away from her too much (not that she would, she actually dispises both of those colors), Anywho that's just because I'm a one color guy, I don't care what color it is as long as both peices actually look like they go together.
Yeah, the foot thing bothers me too. I have no idea why I did that. :) As for the horizon, I don't care for perfectly horizontal horizons much of the time, I purposely angle my camera to avoid it.

Example:

595937774_nPP2F-L.jpg


But the color and style of the bathing suit bugs me too. Actually, they both (she had two) bugged me. I decided to go with the brightly colored one because I figured I could do something like this with it. Ehh...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom