Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...yeah yeah, I know...yer not supposed to put it up til after Thanksgiving. Well, it's only a day early, and I was excited! It's my first time since I moved out 4 years ago that I get to put up a full sized tree. Plus, I Erik and I put it up and decorated it together, so it's all special n stuff. So...when do you all put up your trees? What kind of Holiday traditions do you have?

umm we sorta put the christmas tree up when we remember... We try to put it up about 4 weeks before christmas. But realistically it's usually up about 2 weeks before christmas when we get back from our yearly holiday to Byron Bay. Ahhhh Byron. :lovey:

Then we don't take it down till about the end of January or Feb... just coz we're soooo lazy! hehe.
Out christmas lights on our house stay up all year though... but they're nothing flash... just a row of coloured lights.

I don't think I'm going to put up any decorations this year...
Except maybe the deer hanging upsidedown out of a tree with the string of red lights puddling underneath it. :mrgreen:

We put it up Decemberish. We have a tradition where every year we go and buy a nice decoration for the tree, and write the year we bought it on the back, so that in 20 years from now when were decorating the tree with our kids they can laugh at what we thought was 'cool' :lol:.

I've been asked to put up my grandparent's christmas tree, i'll leave the decorating to my sister. :greenpbl: I don't think we could fit a tree in our loungeroom since we bought 2 leather recliners and a couch! :shock:

Xmetal said:
I've been asked to put up my grandparent's christmas tree, i'll leave the decorating to my sister. :greenpbl: I don't think we could fit a tree in our loungeroom since we bought 2 leather recliners and a couch! :shock:

Buy a 3 footer and put it on top of the TV/Entertainment center! Thats what I had the last 3 years. :)

I'm going to crawl down your chimney (or, if you don't have one break a window and get in that way) and steal all of your presents.

Christmas in cancelled this yeah. Bah humbug! :grumpy:

Why's that, ferny?

And traditionally the Christmas Tree here in Germany only gets set up and lit on Christmas Eve, no earlier.

I remember the day when I invited some friends over for my birthday (22nd Dec) (YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS ago!) and and thought, hey, why not put up and decorate the tree NOW, since we were going to celebrate with my parents and family in THEIR home, anyway and were not going to SEE our own Christmas tree on Christmas Eve (which is THE big day of Christmas for us, not the 25th, but the 24th!!!) ... and then my friend came in and was exasperated at the tree put up, decorated and lit up "But, but, but... it is not even CHRISTMAS yet!" Not even my explanations as to why and all helped her overcome her "How dare she?"-feelings!

In the weeks BEFORE Christmas, it is the advent wreath that leads us toward the holiday, with one candle lit on Sunday next (First Advent), two a week later and so on, until on Fourth Advent (this year on 18 December) all four candles will be burning.

LaFoto said:
Why's that, ferny?
grinch.jpg

Me before I put my make-up on in the morning.

ferny said:
grinch.jpg

Me before I put my make-up on in the morning.

ooooooh, you mean to say thats a before picture? my bad
:biglaugh: :lmao:

Most reactions

Back