What's new

I really am trying :(

er111a

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
6
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like yall's honest options and I know in the end it will help me. Thank you
1)
toy.jpg

I was going for a mystical look, like a childs most wanted bike...If you know what I mean
 
If you flip an image, make sure there's no text in it :) The logo on the bike is backward
 
awwww dang lol
 
William Eggelston would feel honored. But not proud. You've got a ways to go in the field of tricycle photography.
 
areas are blown out, focus is soft, and you cut off the trike
 
Not going to comment on the composition or anything along those lines, just would like to make a comment about the theme / feel of the picture.

You said you were going for mystical - I can see it, but to be honest (and it is subjective of course) but I get more of a saddening feel. Almost, as if the tricycle was abandoned, like something had happened to the child riding it before (but nothing good...).

If I may - I would try getting a slightly lighter background, positioning the tric in a bit different angle (maybe shoot it from below up, or from up higher downwards)...play around with it.

Overall, I like the shot - definitely going places ;)
 
Not to bad.. It does give a little bit of a sad feel to it. Bright and sparkley would give a "I want for Christmas" feel. Or if you could get a halo effect. or like with a 8 point star filter if you want that look. I dont find many uses for that type of filter but this is one time that it would give the look you are looking for. I would clone the lable and get a better comp. dont clip the edges and try a diff angle.
 
I like the soft focus, and that you didn't feel a need to get the whole bike in the frame...the blown out bg is distracting though.
 
Looking good. I would have cropped the black part in the upper right corner and use less of the softness. IMO.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom